Chapter 5- The Dream Graveyard

We stormed up to Mr. Electric. He turned around, smirking.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Sharkboy, Aquagirl, and Lavagirl. What are you doing halting my endless fun coaster and infiltrating my lair?" Mr. Electric asked.

"We don't need permission from you," I snapped.

"Stormy," Mr. Electric teased. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Mr. Electric."

"Why are you bringing misery to our planet?" Lavagirl asked. "You're supposed to be running it."

"You're supposed to be running it," Mr. Electric mocked her. "I am running it. Right into the ground. Those are my orders."

"Who ordered that?" Max questioned.

"No school, no discipline, no rules! And most important, no dreams!" Mr. Electric said.

"Dreams can destroy you, can't they?" Sharkboy questioned. "My instincts tell me that is so."

"Really?"

"That's why we have to stop you," Lavagirl said.

"You and what army?" Mr. Electric said, plugs sprouting out of the ground.

"Now?" Sharkboy asked.

"Now," I agreed, water gathering in my hands.

My eyes gleamed as I shorted out the plugs, making them whimper in surprise. I hadn't been here in a while. They weren't familiar, therefore they were weakened by it. I smirked, finally realizing I had something against them.

"Weak," Mr. Electric said, and shot a bundle of electricity toward me.

Shock ran through me, and I fell to the ground, weakened.

"Did you really believe you could stop me?" Mr. Electric said.

"I know we can't, be he can! Take it away, Max!" Lavagirl said. "Show him what you're made of, Max!"

"What am I supposed to do?" Max asked.

"I told you this would happen, and now she's hurt," Sharkboy said, picking me up.

"I thought he would just remember," Lavagirl hissed.

"Remember what?" Max questioned.

I felt something pick me up. I felt like a rag doll, my head bowed and my muscles not even working. Feeling weak was the worst. I couldn't help or fight. It sucked. I wanted to reach out for Sharkboy.

"The dream, remember the dream," Lavagirl said desperately.

"I don't remember half my dreams," Max replied. "That's why I write them in my dream journal!"

"What half your dreams do you remember?" Sharkboy asked.

"This part I remember," Max said as we hung upside down.

"Where are you taking us?" Lavagirl asked.

"Where all the useless dreams go. To the Dream Graveyard!" Mr. Electric said, laughing.

We were dropped into a hole, and we screamed. We ducked as a cuckoo bird sprung out. I ran my fingers through my hair, my bracelet swinging and hitting my wrist. I looked around, searching for anything familiar.

"Well, at least we're on the passage of time," Lavagirl said, looking around. "Maybe it'll take us to the Dream Lair."

"It's going in the wrong direction. The Dream Lair is that way," Sharkboy said, motioning in a different direction.

"What's in the Dream Lair?" Max asked.

"It's where all the dreams that fuel Planet Drool are stored. But they're being destroyed," Lavagirl explained.

"How?"

"That's what we have to find out," I replied.

"Soon, even Sharkboy, Aquagirl, and I will seize to exist," Lavagirl said sadly.

"Duck!" Sharkboy said, grabbing my shoulder and holding me protectively as we crouched.

"Max, where is your dream journal?" Sharkboy asked.

"Great thinking, Sharky," I said, smiling.

"We can read his dreams out loud, and turn everything back to the way it was," Lavagirl agreed. "I may even realize my true identity."

"I threw it away," Max admitted. "My journal's back on Earth."

A cuckoo bird lunged at us, and Sharkboy pulled me behind him before punching it. It smashed into smithereens. Sharkboy growled out of protectiveness. He hugged my side before glaring at Max.

"We really thought you were the answer, Max," Sharkboy snapped.

"Don't listen to him. He's just upset because you didn't show up and make him King of the Ocean, with a giant fish army to back him up," Lavagirl said.

"Look who's talkin'. You thought you'd find a great use for your powers and heal the planet. Max's dream world would be a happy place. We've all been duped," Sharkboy snapped.

We turned upside down and fell. Sharkboy grabbed my hand as we fell to the ground. I let go and sat up, wincing in pain as my fingernails turned white. I was going to be close to death soon.

"I think you broke my fin," Sharkboy said, winded.

"Sorry," Max said as Sharkboy growled.