Chapter 19- Reunion

"We're not breaking into their house," I said after a moment of walking.

"I wasn't thinking about that," Sharkboy said. "But thank you for remembering what happened sixteen years ago."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. Sharkboy was still the charismatic, charming boy I met seventeen years ago. He smiled, taking my hand and kissing it. Cordelia took my hand and swung it back and forth as we walked.

We finally reached the school, making me turn and look. The school had been remodeled significantly. The original school flickered in the back of my mind. I wanted to be ten again, walking to school with Max. But I also wanted to be here and in now.

I looked down the street and saw Max's old house. It had new decorations and had been painted a different color. I wouldn't have recognized it if not for the house number. The black letters were repainted, though.

"Did you live with Max?" Sharkboy asked curiously.

"No. Only a lot of sleepovers." I shook my head. "I lived in that cave underwater for a while."

"We're close," Sharkboy assured me, looking at his locator.

I nodded, and we continued to walk. We made a lot of turns, considering there were small streets in this part of Texas. The nature had changed, too. New trees had sprouted in front of clean lawns.

We finally reached Max and Marissa's house. I knocked three times. My nerves were firing rapidly. I felt like I was going to get vertigo. Almost like I wanted to hide from old friends.

"I'll get it!" a woman called. She opened the door and sighed in relief.

Marissa.

"(Y/n)!" Marissa said in relief, hugging me tightly.

"Hey, Princess." Sharkboy smiled.

"Marissa?" Max said, walking down the hallway. He froze when he saw us.

"Hey, Max," I said, smiling.

He walked up to me and hugged me. Sharkboy and Cordelia walked into the house. I was with my best friend. An amazing feeling. I was with my best friends. What more could I ask for?

"How are you?" Max asked as we walked into the house.

"Have you had any nightmares lately?" I asked.

"No." Max shook his head.

"Max, something's going on. And you're causing it," Sharkboy said bluntly.

"The plugs are alive." Lavagirl walked into the room, her hair extinguished. "And we have a feeling Mr. Electric is back."

"But that's impossible! (Y/n) and I destroyed him," Marissa protested.

"How are the plugs alive, then? Minus wouldn't call me if something wasn't wrong," I reasoned.

"He's pranked us before," Lavagirl argued.

"And covered us in frosting," I deadpanned. "He wouldn't prank us with something this extreme and dangerous."

As if on cue, Minus's name appeared on my watch. I took off my watch and set it on the counter. The hologram of the call appeared. I pressed 'answer' as Cordelia grabbed the hem of my shirt.

"(Y/n), I'm serious. You guys need to get over here. Someone is controlling the plugs, and... plants are growing more than usual?"

"What are you looking at, Minus?" Lavagirl asked.

"We have a database on Planet Drool where the residents can communicate with each other if there's any activity. I've gotten reports of the plugs and excessive plant growth so far."

"Have they seen who's controlling it?" Max questioned.

"Not so far-"

"Ow!" I almost screamed, gripping the roots of my hair.

Sharkboy immediately grabbed my shoulders, knowing I was going to fall. Cordelia whimpered in fright. "Marissa!"

"That wasn't me!" Marissa shouted.

I watched Cordelia in horror. Her shoulder-length hair gained some white tips. Cordelia grabbed me as I sat down in a chair. She was worried about her mother. The PTSD was haunting me.

"Aqua? (Y/n), what's going on? You cut out!"

"Minus, put Planet Drool on lockdown. Whatever's disturbing the peace wants to cause harm to Aquagirl. Tell them it's for their safety. And observe the ocean. The sharks could be in danger, and Aquagirl's, again, hurt."

"Got it. I'll watch over the cams. In the meantime, get here as soon as you can."

"We'll be there soon, Minus."