Chapter Fourteen

(Warning: This chapter talks about death. I don't think I need a warning for this, but I don't want any trouble so . . .)

(First Person Y/N POV)

I grabbed Adrien's hand. "Is that . . ." I couldn't say it.

"Hawkmoth," Adrien said. "Hawkmoth is in my basement."

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

The elevator stopped and we both stepped out. Neither of us said anything.

I heard Hawkmoth talk. "Ugh . . . fine, get your revenge, set your wife on fire, kill your child, whatever, but you better get Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses or your powers will be revoked, d/n."

D/n. That was my dad's name. That had to be a coincidence, right? There were plenty of people with the name d/n.

I finally worked up the courage to say something. "Hawkmoth?"

Hawkmoth turned around. "Adrien," he gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"Wait . . ." Adrien said , the pieces finally clicking together in his head. "F-father?"

I practically fainted when Hawkmoth nodded. Adrien caught me.

"Who's your lady friend?" Gabriel - I mean, Mr. Agreste - I mean, Hawkmoth asked.

Adrien hid me behind his back as he answered. "Y/n l/n. She's my girlfriend."

"Weird. I thought she was with Chat Noir," Hawkmoth said. "Well, no time for rumors." Hawkmoth started talking to whoever he akumatisted again. "Y/n? That's your daughter?"

My eyes widened. Adrien rubbed my shoulder as I asked, "Is that my dad?"

Hawkmoth nodded.

"Didn't you say earlier that he wanted to kill me?" I asked.

Hawkmoth nodded again.

My brain basically stopped working. Too much information. Too little time.

"But my dad's in America," I realized.

"He just got back, apparently," Hawkmoth said. "Wait, why am I explaining things to you? I should just give you to your father and let him deal with you."

"No," Adrien said. "You aren't going to hurt her." He hid me behind him further.

"Son, hand the girl over," Hawkmoth demanded. When Adrien didn't give me to his father, Hawkmoth went on, "Would you really do this to your father, all for some girl?"

"Mother wouldn't want me to," Adrien said. "She never would've married you if she knew how evil you really were."

"My dumb child. This is for your mother," Hawkmoth said. "With Chat Noir and Ladybug's Miraculous, we will be able to make a wish. A wish to bring her to us again."

Adrien glanced down at his ring. "I won't do it," he said, but he didn't sound too sure.

"Adrien!" I said, stepping out from behind Adrien. I turned him to face me. "This man has killed hundred to thousands of people. You can't seriously think about going his side."

"Adrien, don't you see? A true love would want you to have your mother back, no matter what the cost," Hawkmoth said.

Adrien began twisting his ring. "Father, I-"

I slapped him. Adrien stood there looking absolutely stunned. Hawkmoth looked twice as surprised.

"Adrien," I said softly. "Don't be Anakin Skywalker."

(If you don't get the Star Wars reference, Anakin was a good guy, who went a little crazy, and transfered over to the dark side)

Adrien looked away. "I don't know what to do."

"Adrien," I whispered, low enough so Hawkmoth couldn't hear. "We are the good guys. I know that you want your mother back, but you have no idea what it'll cost you to get that."

Hawkmoth shook his head. "What do you mean only Ladybug is there? Where are the other two?"

I realized that there was no way I was getting out of this one unless.

"One of those superheroes are right here," I said.

Adrien's mouth fell open. "Y/n, why would you-?"

"I am Scarletta. I know my miraculous has nothing to do with the wish so it's not as useful, but if you let Adrien go, I will give it to you," I said.

"Deal," Hawkmoth said quickly.

"Y/n, don't!" Adrien yelled.

"Let Adrien go and I will give it to you."

"Give me your miraculous first," Hawkmoth said.

"Never. Let Adrien go first," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Give me your miraculous first," Hawkmoth repeated.

I sighed. "This isn't going anywhere."

Hawkmoth shook his head. "Fine, son, go."

"No!" Adrien yelled. I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him into the elevator.

I didn't have a plan, but one was beginning to form together in my mind.

"So, are you going to give me the miraculous?" Hawkmoth asked.

A plan finally clicked together. I removed my ruby earrings and handed them to him.

"Thank you," Hawkmoth said. "I will be giving you to your father when he gives me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses, so be prepared for death."

"Okay," I said. Hawkmoth turned away from me and started talking to my father.

"Scarlet," I whispered. She peeked out of my pocket. I checked to make sure Hawkmoth wasn't listening, but he was immersed in a conversation. My dad loves to argue, so I had a feeling that this would take a while. "Time to bite," I whispered.

I transformed quietly. I grabbed a flower from the garden. I closed my eyes and held it carefully. I didn't know if my power would would for this, but I had to try. "Touch that," I whispered. When I opened my eyes, my power really had come through. The flower was now a sword.

I snuck up behind Hawkmoth. 'Am I really about to kill someone?' I thought. I reminded myself, 'I have to.'

I bit my lip. I couldn't do it.

'Maybe I'll just injure him,' I decided.

I swung the sword and it slashed across his leg.

He screamed in pain. Turning around, he laid his eyes on me.

"I'm going to kill you!" Hawkmoth screamed.

My gloves beeped, signalling that I had four minutes until I de-transformed.

Four minutes until I died.

__________________________________
965 words