Chapter Thirteen

(Warning: This chapter talks about death. I don't think I need a warning for this, but I don't want any trouble so . . .)

(First Person Y/N POV)

I heard an explosion.

"You all heard that too, right?"  Alya confirmed.

"Dude, I heard it too," Nino said.

Adrien glanced at me and mouthed, "Should we transform?"

I nodded.

"I better go to the office," I said.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Adrien said.

"Go ahead," Ms. Bustier told Adrien.

I left the classroom, Adrien right behind me. As soon as he shut the door, we both started running.

I ducked into the girl's bathroom as he headed into to boy's. I ran back out as Scarletta and he was standing there as Chat Noir.

"What took you so long?" he asked, a smirk dancing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just go find out what the hell that explosion was about."

We ran outside and we're immediately met with mass chaos. Buildings were on fire, people were dead on the ground, and the people that were still alive were crying, screaming, or running.

"Oh my . . ." I trailed off at a loss for words.

"My father!" Chat Noir realized. "Where is your family?"

"They're on a business trip in America," I said. "Let's go find your father."

We ran in the direction of the Agreste mansion, not worrying about being discreet. This was for two reasons.

1. Nobody was paying attention to us because they were too focused on everything else

2. Gabriel Agreste could be dead. A life was more important than our secret identity

It was all I could do to pray that Adrien's father wasn't dead.

(Rose POV)

"Class, Adrien has been gone for twenty minutes now," Ms. Bustier said. "We better go make sure he's okay."

We all left the class and arrived outside the boy's bathroom.

"Nino, will you go in and make sure everything is okay?" Ms. Bustier asked.

Juleka grabbed my hand. "I'm scared," she muttered.

"It's going to be okay," I promised, laying my head on her shoulder.

I had a crush on Juleka, but I wasn't sure if I was going to tell her. What if it ruined our best friendship?

"He's not in the bathroom, dudette," Nino said.

Another explosion went off. That's when Marinette said, "Guys . . . look."

She pointed out the doors of the school. Fire, dead bodies, crying people. Juleka covered her eyes and I could tell she was crying.

Suddenly Chloe turned to me. "If you're Scarletta, why don't you do something about this situation?"

"I . . ." I didn't know what to say.

"Doesn't seem like a very super superhero," Chloe continued. "Now does she?"

"Chloe," Ms. Bustier began.

"No," Kim said. "Chloe is right. Why aren't you doing anything about this?"

Suddenly, over half the class was standing behind Chloe and telling me that I needed to do something.

"But . . . but . . . but I'm not Scarletta," I said.

"Yes you are!" Chloe argued. "It said so in the news and the news would never ever tell a lie."

"Actually," Max began. "The news-"

"SHUT UP!" Chloe yelled.

Our class began fighting and Ms. Bustier couldn't calm us down. I comforted Juleka as she cried.

I pinched myself. A tear slipped out of my eye when I realized that this wasn't a dream.

(First Person Y/N POV)

Surprisingly, the Agreste mansion looked perfectly fine, as if it was immune to fire and explosions. I thought about asking Adrien this, but before I had the chance, he used his pole to get into his room. I followed behind him.

When I got there, he was de-transformed and was feeding Plagg some cheese.

"Im going to look for my father. Want to come with?" Adrien asked.

"Sure," I agreed. "Should I de-transform?"

Adrien nodded.

Me, Scar, Adrien, and Plagg searched. We looked everywhere, but couldn't find anything. I could tell Adrien was holding back tears.

Then Scar said, "I hear a voice."

"Where?" Adrien asked hopefully.

Scar led us into an elevator. It was really cramped, but we all managed to fit.

"Hide," I warned the kwamis. Scar ducked into my pocket and Plagg hid in Adrien's shirt.

That's when it came into view . . .

A butterfly garden . . .

And in the middle of it all . . .

Hawkmoth.

__________________________________
738 words