Chapter Four

(First Person Adrien pov)

"Miraculous Ladybug!" Ladybug yelled at the top of her lungs.

The pink swirls went around everything and everything fixed itself. Andre Glacier turned back into himself.

Y/N - I mean Scarletta - held her fist out.

"Are you going to punch me?" I asked laughing.

"No, I want you to fist bump me," Scarletta explained.

I fist bumped her and she said, "Pound it!" When I gave her a weird look she added, "What? I thought that was the superhero thing."

"Me and Ladybug stopped doing that, like, a year ago."

(They are in their Junior year and are sixteen)

Scarletta opened her mouth to say something, but her gloves beeped. "Gotta go!" she yelled.

As I watched her run away, I thought about what she could be hiding. Could it be that she's Scarletta? But why would Marinette and Alya know that?

My thoughts were drowned out by the sound of my ring beeping and I left Ladybug and Andre to de-transform.

(First Person Y/N pov)

I had bought Scar a pack of a hundred chocolate bars. My mom and dad left me with a debit card that hooked up to their account. I figured the were probably going to call me and ask why I bought a hundred chocolate bars.

I heard a sound like a crash outside my window. I walked out onto the balcony and looked around, but I didn't see anything.

"Hello?" I asked.

Nobody answered. I looked around until I realized that I was going to be late for school.

"Oh shit!" I said. I ran back inside, making sure to close the doors to my balcony. I grabbed two chocolate bars and shoved it into the pocket of my f/c hoodie. I ran downstairs and grabbed a pop tart. As I ran to school, I ate it.

When I got to school, I found Adrien talking to Nino, but I didn't see Marinette or Alya.

That's when I saw Marinette and Alya. They were hiding behind the staircase. I went up to them.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Marinette's going to give a gift to Adrien for his birthday."

"And what does that have to do with you hiding from everyone?"

"She's nervous," Alya explained.

"What? Do you have a crush on him?" I asked, knowing the answer when neither of them responded.

I decided to change the topic. "I didn't know it was Adrien's birthday," I said. "I guess I need to get him a gift." I thought for a moment. Then I pulled the candy bar out of my pocket. "You think a chocolate bar would suffice?"

"I'm going to do it," Marinette said.

"You go, girl!" Alya cheered.

Marinette stood up and me and her walked up to Adrien and Nino. On the way there, I heard them talking.

"So, are you going to have a birthday party?" Nino asked.

"I'll have to ask my dad," Adrien replied.

"H-hi Adrien," Marinette said.

"Hey Marinette," said Adrien. "And Y/N."

"Happy birthday," I said, handing him the chocolate.

"Thanks," Adrien said. He laughed. "This might just be the greatest gift I've ever gotten."

"I know." I flipped my h/c (hair color) hair. "Everyone knows I'm the greatest gift giver." We both started laughing really hard at that.

"I got you a gift too," Marinette said. She held it out but Chloe - who was walking up to us - pushed her away.

"Out of the way," she said.

"What the hell, Chloe?" I asked. "You're such a b-"

Then, Chloe pushed me too . . .

And I exploded.

I punched her in the face hard enough to draw blood. She lunged at me and knocked me to the ground. She tried to hit me, but I flipped us over so I was on top of her. It wasn't hard to beat her, after all, she has people do everything for her.

A hand grabbed the back of my collar. It was Adrien. I tried to get out of his grasp, but I couldn't. Nino was holding Chloe back.

"Both of you are acting like little kids!" somone said. "Calm down!"

Lila came out of the building with Mr. Damocles. "Those are them," she said, pointing at Chloe and me. "The ones who got into a fight."

"Damn you, Lila," I muttered under my breath.

Nino dropped Chloe and she hit the ground hard.

"Oops," Nino said shrugging. He tried - and failed - to suppress a smile.

Adrien gently let go of me. My feet hit the ground.

"Explain what happened here. Since you're new here, I'll let you go first y/n," Mr. Damocles said.

"Me and Marinette were talking to Adrien and Nino. Chloe just came up to us and pushed Marinette away. I asked her what her problem was and she pushed me. Since my parents said to always defend myself, I fought back," I explained.

"Chloe, why did you push Marinette?" Mr. Damocles asked.

"It was an accident," Chloe promised.

"And you accidentally also said 'Get out of my way'?" I muttered.

"And why did you push Y/N?" Mr. Damocles continued. "How could you have accidentally pushed two people?"

"It really was an accident," Chloe said.

"I'm afraid I will have to punish both of you. Chloe, two weeks of after-school detention. Y/N, since you just moved here, and this is your first offense, you will only have three days of detention," Mr. Damocles decided.

"I don't think my daddy will be okay with me getting two weeks of detention," Chloe smirked and pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Maybe we'll have to call the mayor."

"Don't bother your father!" Mr. Damocles said. "No detention for Chloe."

"How is that fair?!" I yelled.

"It isn't," Adrien whispered sadly. "Get used to it."

__________________________________
971 words

That escalated really quickly. I didn't mean for that to happen . . . But good for you, you beat up Chloe.