Never Again

Probably the longest chapter in history.

~~~

Louis woke up early Friday morning, eyes raw and red with a still-runny nose. He used his pillow case to wipe away the snot before sitting up and looking around.

The hotel room was filled with light. Louis wrinkled his button nose and crawled out of bed, going into the hotel's kitchen and seeing a plate of eggs on the table.

But no Harry.

Sighing, Louis dismissed the plate of food and went into the living room. There was a clock on the wall that showed to Louis that it was past noon. He rubbed his eyes in surprise before laying on the couch and watching television for a while.

There was a loud ring through the hotel room and Louis reached over to grab the hotel phone.

"Hello?"

"Louis?"

"That's me. Who is this?"

"It's Peyton. From last night," came the reply and Louis sighed.

"Hi. What's up?"

"Would you like to go out to eat tonight? Y'know, learn each other?" Peyton asked.

"Um..."

"You can have friends, Louis. I want to be your friend."

"Okay... I suppose I can come since I don't have plans."

"Oh... Your boyfriend can come, too..."

"I don't know where he's at," Louis mumbled, scratching his wrist.

"Oh.... Well, I'll see you at the Crab Shack at six?"

"Yeah, mate. I'll see you," Louis replied, hanging up and falling back onto the couch.

~~~

Louis sat, feeling a little awkward, on the balcony of the Crab Shack with a dressed-up Peyton sitting across from him.

Louis adjusted his collar, watching Peyton eat crab meat like it was nothing. Louis picked at his shrimp fettuccine, wondering if Harry ever made it to the hotel to find his note.

It was a simple 'hey, Harry, I don't know if you'll read this, but I'm out for dinner & I'll be back later'. The end. Louis was more disappointed than angry about Harry's absence on these last few days.

"How are you, Louis?" Peyton spoke up, eyeing Louis across the table.

"Fine, I guess," Louis lied, biting into his shrimp. He wrinkled his nose, not wanting to eat but not wanting to look suspicious.

"Are you ready for dessert?"

"I'm okay," Louis replied, shrugging.

"Well... I'm going to the restroom," Peyton said, standing up and darting away.

Louis sighed because he must be boring the poor lad.

Suddenly, there was a plate pushed in front of him. Louis raise his eyebrows at the waitress, who smiled and left.

Oreos.

Louis took the one from the top and broke it apart, ready to graze his teeth across the icing when a glimmer caught his eyes. Louis dropped the cookie in shock just as Harry dropped down in front of him.

Beautiful, wonderful, living Harry.

Harry pulled the ring out the frosting, chuckling as he used a napkin to wipe it off, Louis gaping at him.