Old Friend

Warning: a bit of talk of suicide and cutting

Sorry it's taken a few days. I am about to start working on two new stories and one in going to be really sad, so I've been writing those chapters. I've been pretty depressed lately, but I promise the updates won't take this long. It's only been like four days, maybe five, but I try to update daily.

It's actually really crappy so... I'm sorry.

~~~~

Harry's phone rang loudly throughout his childhood bedroom, causing him to wake up. Louis mumbled something in his sleep but didn't move.

Harry grabbed the device before answering it quickly. "Hello?"

"Harry? It's Ed."

"'Lo. It's seven in the morning, is something wrong?"

"No, I was just curious to know if you'd like to hang out today? Just us two?"

Harry's gaze shifted to the sleeping boy beside him. He didn't want to leave Louis.

"Only for breakfast and then the arcade. I swear," Ed added quickly, sensing Harry's hesitancy.

"Okay," Harry agreed with a sigh.

"Okay, I'll be there at nine."

"Kay."

Harry groaned and fell back on the mattress sleepily. Louis cuddled into him.

"Lou, I gotta get up and shower," Harry whined, nudging the smaller man.

"Why?" Louis asked hoarsely.

"I'm going out to breakfast and to the local arcade with Ed."

"Oh... Can I come?" Harry sighed and pressed a kiss to Louis's forehead.

"I think Ed and I should be alone for a bit to talk things out. The other lads are here to keep you company. I swear I won't be long."

Louis mumbled an agreement.

~~~

The ride to The Egg was silent. Ed and Harry were so awkward. Harry turned on Ed's radio and was relieved when Ed instantly started singing along with Sex by The 1975; this meant Harry could keep it on this station.

They arrived at the breakfast restaurant around 9:15 and sat at a small booth together. Harry missed having breakfast with Ed, Liam, and Emma before school. They'd always meet at the small donut shop next to the school building.

"I miss you," Harry blurted, staring down at the table.

He looked up to see Ed's reaction. The red head looked surprised and a little relieved.

"But you left me," Ed pointed out quietly.

"I left everyone and everything. Don't feel alone."

"You almost died."

Harry groaned. Why did people constantly point this out?

Almost. Key word.

"I didn't die."

"You cut, Harry."

"I still cut, Ed. I started back a few days ago," Harry whispered, playing with the salt shaker.

He was saved by the waitress who approached their table. She blushed when she saw the two handsome lads and immediately looked down at her silver flats.

"Welcome to The Egg, how may I help you?"

"Um, a coffee- two sugars, three creams- and a ham and cheese omelet, please," Ed mumbled.