Visits

viadylann this chapter is dedicated to you because I love you 😂 lol you're just an amazing person tbhh and I wish we were friends irl bc that would be fücking awesome. And the pic above was us^^^ (obvi) and I was laughing so fucking much.

•••

Louis gulped down an Oreo with as much conviction as he could, giving Harry a fake smile. Oreos were always Louis's favorite food and now he didn't even want to eat them.

What was his problem?

"Louis?"

"Nh?"

"I told you about all my problems... Maybe you should open up about yours," Harry suggested softly, not wanting to disturb Louis.

"I don't have a problem. Do I seem like I have a problem?" Louis snapped irritably.

He didn't mean to be so hurtful.

Harry blushed. "Oh. I'm- I'm sorry, it's just that-"

The shrill ring of Harry's phone interrupted them.

Harry picked up the phone from the coffee table. The name Gems and a picture of the girl lit up the screen.

"Hello?" Harry answered, placing the phone on speaker.

"Harry? How are you?"

"Good... How are you?"

"Amazing! I just... I just sold mum's house. I mean, obviously I didn't, but you know what I mean. It's gone, Harry. We don't have to step foot in it after we get all of our stuff out," Gemma breathed, obviously happy.

Honestly, Harry understood why. Terrible memories involving their wonderful father surrounded that house.

"I just need to know what of Mum's you want to keep-"

"Nothing in particular. Take what you want and I'll put the rest in storage. I'll buy a storage room in the same lot as Louis," Harry replied, looking over at his boyfriend, who was watching him carefully.

"Harry, we have money now. And... And I want to give it all to you."

"What?"

"I gained a scholarship. I have a paid internship. Screw getting another car. You can do whatever you'd like, Harry, and don't you dare argue. It's so much, due to the age and the amount of land, and I want you to use it for whatever you'd like," Gemma surprised her brother.

The thing was, Harry had always been smart. He didn't have the best grades, but he could've landed a scholarship. The loss of his father was always hard on him, though, and he had nightmares, which meant no sleep, which meant he didn't pay enough attention in class.

"Lou..." Harry whispered, eyes wide.

"Are you sure, Gemma?"

"You're taking it, Harry. I'm setting up your bank account this weekend and I'll drive up and give you the card, okay? I want to see you."

Harry laughed a bit, spaced out from reality. "I-okay. I love you."

"I love you, Harry."

~~~

The weekend couldn't come fast enough. Gemma arrived on Sunday afternoon, planning on skipping the next day's classes and head home when Harry went to work that night.

Louis was panicking. He didn't have an accurate reason to work triple shifts and those shifts kept him from a concerned Harry at home.

Louis couldn't starve himself and easily get away with it. Hell, he already just got by.