"I wish I knew. I haven't seen him since my first Therapy session on Friday. I'm worried... I think- I think he might want to brea-" my voice cracked at the thought, but before Alya could respond a new voice entered the conversation. 

"Hey guys!"   

Adrien strolled up to the group and gave Marinette a tentative look. "Hey Mari" To his surprise Marinette actually responded to his greeting.... With a cold nod. BUt HEY it was progress. "A-Alya do you think we could chat for a minute?"

"Sure"

Ya turns out fate had other plans because at that moment the bell rang signaling it was time to head to class. Marinette grabbed her hand and pulled her away. Alya turned her head and mouthed 'At Lunch' As Marinette pulled Alya away Nino swung an arm around Adrien. "Dude whatcha need my girl for?"

"I want some advice on how to fix the situation with Mari. I've been wracking my brain but i'm completely lost." 

"Ah ya that's smart. I wouldn't know what to do either, but Marinette is sick so maybe wait till shes recovered ok?"

"Sick? Sick how?! Why is she at school if she's sick?! She should be home resting!" 

"Ya I agree but she said she's not willing to take any more sick days. She's desperate to catch up on homework and with Chat not being around recently she's been stressing her mind away. Our girl thinks hes gonna break up with her." 

A flash of anger crossed Adrien's face at the thought of Marinette even remotely stressing over him breaking up with her. There is no way in hell that that was gonna happen. But right after anger came shame. He's been the one gone. Maybe if he had checked in on her she wouldn't have gone to school sick. 

Adrien sighed and made his way to class along with his best friend. They say in there usual seats as class began. As he pulled out his notebook to take notes he heard Marinette's ragged breathing. 'Come to think of it, I sounded like that after the fire, although my breath fixed itself a couple hours after...

Halfway through class Marinette began to cough and it didn't stop. She doubled over in her seat as her body shook with her wracking lung exilations. Miss Bustier rushed over as she tried to help. Adrien saw blood splatter on the table and he has enough. "Nino i'm gonna go call Chat to take her home." 

"Marinette you should go home." Coline said as Marinette tried to get the fit under control.

"No I-" as more coughs struck her sentence was interrupted. "I can't go home" 

Adrien slipped out of the room and rushed to transform. But he couldn't find a secluded area in the school so he rushed outside to find one. He finally found a empty alley and transformed. As Chat Noir he rushed back to the school and stormed into the classroom.  

"Where is she?!" he growled. For some unknown reason he was angry. Angry at Marinette. Angry at himself. Angry at the school. Angry at everyone and everything. "Chat Noir?" Coline asked. "Where. Is. Marinette?!" he growled a little louder. "Alya took her to the nurse's office." Ivan said. And with that Chat turned on his heel and rushed towards the place where Marinette was. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Marinette's POV

After five minutes of coughing blood started to splatter all over my desk. Alya quickly took off her flannel and gave it to me so i could cover my mouth. She helped me up and rushed me to the nurses office. 

"My golley what happened?!" The nurse cried as she rushed over to help. She removed the flannel from my mouth and made me lay on my back. "Sweetie try to take two deep breaths ok?" I nodded and tried to take a deep breath but it just caused my body to be overcome with more coughs. "You need to go home and have a room filled with hot steam. So turn on a shower and have her sit in the bathroom for 5 minutes then rush her to the freezer and have her breathe in the cold air for 5 minutes. Do that until her cough stops completely" (This is actually how you treat croup which is a lung infection that makes you cough really bad and makes it hard to breath)

"No I can't go home!" I managed to get out. Alya began to protest but before she could speak the door burst open revealing Chat. "You!" He pointed at me then pointed at the door. "Are going home! Now!" he barked as he stormed over to me. "Yes good idea." The nurse said.

She quickly relayed her instructions to Chat and he nodded lifted me up. Cradled me and rushed out. "Chat im fine!" I said but then ruined it by spitting out some blood. "Your not fine" he said in a rather snippy voice. 'Why so angry?'

"I can't go home!" I somehow managed to rasp out. "Tough luck princess because you are." Before i could respond my body shook with more coughs and I spat more blood. We reached my room and Chat carried me down stairs. "Chat please, I don't want my parents knowing!"

I winced again at my voice. "Where are your parents?" "In the bakery." "Fine whatever. Sit on the couch with a paper towel held to you mouth. Stay there till the showers ready." his voice was still angry and his words were short and sniped. 

"Chat why are you angr-" but before i could finish the inevitable happened. Chat stalked off to the kitchen and retrieved my paper towel. After handing it to me he stormed to the bathroom to start a shower with the hottest water it could run. 

As he did so I quickly went upstairs and changed into shorts and a sports bra. 'If i'm going to be in a hot room I should be ready.'  I came back down stairs to a glaring Chat. His demeanor broke for a second those as he saw what I was wearing. His eyes wondered my body for a second then snapped back up to me and the stink eye was back. 

"I told you to wait on the couch." Alright this alley cat was beginning to get on my nerves. "Your not my boss" I sniped back. He just rolled his eyes then dragged me to the bathroom. He opened the door and I saw that steam already had built up. 

He sat me on the toilet as a another coughing fit tore through my body. He sat there watching me and I could see in his eyes that it hurt him. Hurt him seeing me like this. It made guilt curdle in my stomach thinking that I, again caused him to have pain and worry.   

After five minutes of awkward silence he helped me up and took me to the freezer. 

This process went on for the next half hour and until I hadn't coughed for ten minutes straight. During that time all I recieved was angry glares, worried side glances, and snippy remarks and I was fed up. 

"SPIT IT OUT CHAT!" I suddenly shouted making Chat jump. My raspy voice also didn't help. "WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY AT ME! I SHOULD BE MAD AT YOU NOT VICE VERSA, SO WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO SAY!" Chat stood there shocked for a second then got angry right back.

"You should be angry!? YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY?! WHY ON EARTH SHOULD YOU BE ANGRY!"

"IDK! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN ABSENT SINCE FRIDAY! AVOIDING MY CALLS AND LEAVING ME ALONE ON THE WEEKEND TO SURVIVE MYSELF! I CAME THIS CLOSE TO CUTTING!" I held my thumb and pointer super close together. "THIS CLOSE BUT I THOUGHT 'HEY! CHAT MIGHT STOP BY! CHAT MIGHT COME BACK! HE MIGHT NOT ACTUALLY WANNA BREAK UP!" 

At that my voice broke and a tear made its way down my face. "but no." my voice was now barely a whisper. "you only came when you heard I was "sick"" I put Sick in air quotes. I briefly forgot that I wasn't Ladybug and that he didn't know...

"Sick? Why is sick in air quotes? Marinette what actually happened?"