A glaring rivalry

Gladion's POV (Yay!)
I bite my lip as tears flow down my cheeks. How could I let it get to me?! Now my only friend is gone and it's all my fault.
Can't believe I'm back to melemele. I'd have to come back at some point, but still. "Hold up... you ignoring me?!" "Anyone who ignores our leader is a little too big for their britches!" "All right, big man, you leave that umbreon with us!" I open my eyes and turn to glare at them. "You just gave me a glare, didn't you? And since you made eye contact, that means it's time for some battle contact!" The three guys throw pokeballs up. "Salandit, you're up!" "Go, garbodor!" "You, too, zubat!" I take out my ultra ball. "Lycanroc, show your crimson glare. Let's go!" "Lycanroc? Could be a strong trainer!" "I thought that umbreon would be a good catch, but Lycanroc would be great!" Long story short, beat them with stone edge. I call Lycanroc back and walk off.

(Y/N)'s POV
I sit along with the students at the Pokémon school. "Ms. Lillie, why am I here again?" "Literature, I told them you always tell me and show me what you write (currently writing instead of paying attention to my god damn literature class). We watch as the pokemons play charjabug train. "Hey, did you hear? They say there's this really strong trainer who just arrived on the island." "Yeah? A really strong trainer? No kidding." "I heard that! A costumer was talking about it." "So what did they say?" "It's a guy. The mysterious Lycanroc trainer. He's been seen with a midnight form Lycanroc." "Midnight form lycanroc?! That's so cool!" "Isn't that just one of its forms?" Rotom explains and stuff. "And another thing. They say he also has an umbreon with him." Lycanroc... umbreon... strong trainer... no, no way. "Wow! I'd love to battle that guy! Maybe it'll happen some day." That's Ash for you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣶⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⠟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠈⢡⣿⣿⡇
⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⠿⡄⠉⠉⠙⠛⠻⢿⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠘⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⡟⠀
⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠤⠂⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⡀⠚⠛⠛⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⢤⣄⠀⠐⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣿⠦⢲⠁⠀⢀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣾⡿⢃⣠⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⢸⠀⠐⣷⣾⡇⠀⠀⠂⠀⡀⠀⠀⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣠⣤⣌⠉⠀⠀⠒⠒⠊⠀⠀⠀⢙⣟⠤⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠻⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣶⠉⠀⠀⢠⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠔⠀⠀⠉⠉⡽⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⠁⠀⢀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⢤⢤⢴⠀⠋⠀⠁⠀⠉⠀⠸⣠⣴⣤⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠘⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢄⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠈⠀⠈⠻⣿⠟⠋
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⢠⠀⠀⠐⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠣⣀⣌⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I sit in the car besides Ms. Lillie. "So, how were my poems this time?" "Great as always." I smile slightly. "That's good." "Stop the car!" "Huh?" She opens the door and pulls me by my wrist. "Gladion?!" Well crap. "Mew!" "Aw man." She runs down the stairs. "Be careful, Ms. Lillie, you could fall!" "Who knew this mysterious Lycanroc trainer was my big brother?!" "Big brother?! You're kidding, right?" "So that guy and Lillie are siblings?" God, if you exist, I'm sorry I don't go to church and shit, but now I'm begging you. Please please please please don't let him recognize me! "Mew!" Well fuck you, too, god! Mew starts floating around his head. Don't worry (Y/N), you still've got a chance! "You can touch Pokémon now. I'm glad to see that." "Thanks, it was all thanks to (Y/N) and my friends! I'd like to introduce Snowy. And this is my brother, Gladion." Well there goes my chance "Master Gladion, Lillie has been raising this Pokémon ever since it was an egg, and this is the first time a pokemon has ever been in her charge." "I see. Take good care of it."

He eyes me and pulls my wrist from her hand. I try not to laugh knowing he'll get mad. "Master Gladion! It's been so long since you've been home, so I was hoping you'd come back with us to the mansion." "Not this time, Hobbes. See you, Lillie." He turns around and starts walking away. "Gladion!" "Wait a minute! I was hoping we could have a Pokémon battle! I wanna become a Pokémon master and so I wanna have a battle with all of the awesome trainers in the alola region!" "That's a z-ring?" God I just love his voice, it's so attractive- wait what am I saying? I don't swing that way... but I've never swinged the other way... do I swing any way? Maybe I just don't swing.... Wait what the fuck he's right there, think of how you swing some other time. Lillie pulls me to Ash and Gladion. "That's not all! Ash has even had battles with tapu koko." "Battles?" I love that expression of his dang it.... Stop being a creep!... "Wait, battles?! How come you never told me?!" I see Gladion with a pissed off look. Now I've done it, I'm dead. He grabs my arm and pulls it away from Ms. Lillie's since she was holding my wrist again. The way he's trying to dissimulate it. "I'll consider it." "Uh, I'm staying at professor Kukui's house! It's the big one that's right on the water! I'm always there!" "Doesn't he have school?" Lillie nods.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠓⢄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠑⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡆⠀⠀⠀⠙⢤⡷⣤⣦⣀⠤⠖⠚⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣠⡿⠢⢄⡀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠷⣶⠂⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀
⢸⣃⠀⠀⠉⠳⣷⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⢉⡭⠋
⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⢀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠘⣦⠆⠀⠀⢀⡎⢹⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⡀⣠⠔⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡏⠀⠀⣆⠘⣄⠸⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠖⢻⠀⠀⠀⣿⢥⣄⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢸⠁⠀⠀⡏⢣⣌⠙⠚⠀⠀⠠⣖⡛⠀⣠⠏⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢙⣣⠄
⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠳⡞⠈⢻⠶⠤⣄⣀⣈⣉⣉⣡⡔⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠖⠚⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡼⣇⠀⠀⠀⠙⠦⣞⡀⠀⢀⡏⠀⢸⣣⠞⠀⠀⠀⡼⠚⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢰⡇⠙⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠚⠒⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢧⡀⠀⢠⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠙⣶⣶⣿⠢⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣳⠞⠳⡄⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠹⣄⣀⡤⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"You see, my brother left home a little bit over six months ago." "Only six? It felt way longer than that." "He said he wanted to train by himself." "Did he tell you what kind of training?" "Master Gladion wanted to improve upon his pokemon battling skills." I cut off the noises and stand up. "I don't feel well, may I head to my house?" Lillie looks at me worriedly. "Go ahead." I start walking out. Stupid estate, and mew's asleep, and stoutland is at my house. I keep walking and end up face to face with someone who I wish not to see. He's drunk he won't remember, he probably doesn't recognize you, it's been years. "(Y/NNNNN), hic is that youuuuu?" He walks closer to me as I back away. Think think! I take off running which ended up with  a hard decision. I somehow ended in a somewhat hall. Dad was following behind and right in front was Gladion. Guy who might kill me or other guy who might also kill me. Gonna go with the one I have more chances of living. I turn around. Nope, you've always wondered what would've happened if you had gone back and never found a comforting answer. I turn back around to face Gladion. I keep running and go to the almost non-existent space between him and the rock. I whimper when I feel the rocks cut through my clothes and skin. Still better than going dad's way.

I grip onto Gladion's wrist and pull him as I keep running. We finally get out of the place. "Sorry." I was about to leave and head to another direction when he suddenly grabs my wrist. "Do you remember what I said? Never want to see you again?" (Close your eyes, bitch.) "Yeah, sorry. I didn't know she was your sister." "What is she to you?" "Hmm, the word left my mouth.... Hmmmm she's my...my... I'm her butler, simple as that." "Then why was she holding your wrist." Why are you holding my wrist? No no, just apologize and get this over with. "She was excited to see you, and she knows we were... friends at some point she probably thought I was excited, too."

Gladion's POV
I bite my cheek and glare at him. "Were you?" He gives me one of his smiles. "I don't know, I was more focused on whether or not you would kill me right there and then or wait until your sister wasn't watching. So.. can I leave?" "I want to have a battle with you." "I really hope you mean a Pokémon battle." "Obviously." "Fine, right now or can I go? cause I'm not really feeling well." "Fine, some other time." He gives another smile. "Great, I'll... I'll try to stay out of your view." "Yeah..." "Wait.... I knew I was forgetting something, I live at the estate! Wow, the stupidity. Aw shit, but I'll cross paths with dad, then. I'll have to make a run for it." He takes off running.