Not even up to ten minutes later, a black and tinted windowed Mercedes four-wheel drive was spotted. I straightened up as I suspected it was Lucas. The car stopped in front of me and I waited for a few seconds before the passenger window went down, revealing a smirking Lucas.

"Wanna spend the night with me, sweetheart?" He asked in a funny western accent.

I frowned at him. "Can you be serious for once?"

Lucas chuckled. "Get in."

I blinked, startled at his words. I wasn't planning on getting into a car with him.

"All I need is my phone. Hand it over," I said with my hand extended.

"Jackie, please just get in. I'll drop you off at your campus," he said and I checked the time, I had ten minutes left.

"Fine but don't talk to me," I warned and I heard the clicking sounds of the doors unlocking.

I pulled the door open and climbed into the slightly high car. I sat down on the red leather seat and couldn't help but love the smell of the car; it was like a rich pine scent mixed with a masculine body spray. I closed the door and fastened my seatbelt.

Lucas started the engine and drove out onto the street. I kept my eyes ahead of me as he drove because I didn't want to look at his face, not wanting to give him the impression that I wanted to speak to him.

"How are you?" He asked and I tensed.

"I told you not to talk to me," I said and looked at him from the side of my eyes.

He looked perfect in his laid-back position. His legs were parted while bobbing one of them. His left hand gripped the steering wheel while the other stayed on his thigh. He looked hot with his disheveled hair and sharp jawline. His lip was between his teeth as he paid attention to the road. My eyes went to his flat stomach where I could see the slight imprint of his abs under his tight white shirt. Lucas Hamilton simply grew hotter over a few months and I wondered what sinful look he'll sport a few years from now.

"You're staring, love," he said and I realized that my head was now turned fully.

I blushed and looked away, hiding my flaming cheeks with my hair. I sighed in relief when I saw that we were already on campus and almost close to my building. Soon after, Lucas stopped in front of the building and I unfastened my seatbelt and then held out my hand which he grabbed.

I gasped when he tugged me forward, almost over his lap. He smirked and began to trace shapes on my palm, making me feel heated between my legs. I hated what he does to my body.

"Can I see you again?" He whispered to a point that I didn't hear him well and that I had to lean forward.

I noticed how his blue eyes went dark by a shade lower. The same eyes glanced at my lips before settling on my eyes.

"I want to see you again, Jackie," he said and I swallowed.

"W-why?"

Stupid question. I should be taking my phone and running so far away.

"Jackie, I know we ended in a bad way but I want us to be friends again."