Sixty-Five

[|]

"Jackie?!" He said my name out loud and moved away from the window, probably to come down.

He was with a gun and Tony was laying on the ground, dead with blood spilling around him. Axel had shot Tony and for what reason? Could it be that Axel had been the one behind the assault incident?

So many things were going through my head at what I had just seen and the fear that I once felt before, came back tenfold. When I looked back at the building, I rushed to my feet and backed away, afraid of Axel harming me for finding out the truth.

I felt heartbroken, I was weak and stunned. What did I ever do to Axel for him to do this to me? At that moment, I started to think back to what Lucas had said about his brother and I began to believe him.

I saw a blur of his clothes from a window and I turned around and ran out of the compound. I had to escape from him. He could kill me too. I ran as fast as possible away from the site and stopped behind a parked car on the side of the road. I slid to the ground, hiding from him in case he ran out to the road.

With shaky hands, I took out my phone. Tears were beginning to blur my vision and my body went cold. I dialed 911 and pressed the phone to my ear.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"H-hi, I can't speak for too long but I just experienced a murder-r. Y-you have to send someone and an ambulance down to the new Xsin construction s-site."

"Jackie?!"

I gasped. "P-please hurry. The killer knows I'm here."

"Alright. We will send the closest officers to your location now."

I ended the call and pressed my body against the car, tears becoming more full in my eyes. I felt like passing out from the amount of fear in me. It was almost as if I could see death if I made a single move. My body stiffened when I heard hurried footsteps.

"Where could she be?!"

I clamped my mouth shut at the sound of Axel and felt like peeing in my pants. One single sound and I'd be dead. I hope the cops come down here on time.

As if on cue, I heard the loud sounds of sirens and I exhaled in relief. I looked to the side and smiled when I saw three police cars driving toward us.

"Shit!"

I heard Axel's feet and furrowed my eyebrows, he was going to escape. I could not let him escape. I took a deep breath and rose from my hiding spot and met him almost turning away but he paused and stared at me with wide eyes.

"There's nowhere to run."

"You called the police?" He was looking shocked.

"Yes! You'll rot in jail for killing someone and for harassing me in high school."

A scowl appeared on Axel's face and when I saw him slightly raise the hand that held the gun, I stepped back but sighed in relief when the police cars parked behind me. Officers got out of the cars and pointed their guns at him.

"Put the weapon down and get on your knees! Now!" One of them said in a loud voice.

I backed away until I stopped beside one of the officers.