Twenty-Two

[|]

I walked into my room quietly when I saw that my roommate was studying. I walked over to my small closet and placed down my hygiene items then started to wipe my body. After rubbing some lotion on my body and slipping into my night clothes, I climbed onto my bed and picked up my books to read.

"I saw you coming out of some expensive Mercedes G63 car a few minutes before the building was locked. Who was that?" Andrea, my roommate asked and faced me with a smile on her face.

We barely spoke to one another since her course had her away from the room most of the time. She was studying medicine and was always not sleeping in the room.

"Who?" I asked and Andrea crossed her long legs.

Andrea was a beautiful woman with wavy brown hair that cascaded down her curvy waist and framed her perfect face. She had beautiful hazel eyes that stood out on her beautiful face under perfectly arched eyebrows. She was like those online models with huge followers and great brand deals. Most of all, she was very intelligent.

"I saw you are coming out of a car when I was back from a night class. I was calling out to you but you didn't hear me. So, who was that? Your boyfriend?"

I had to laugh at her for tagging Lucas as my boyfriend. It was never going to happen. Not in this life, not in my next life if such existed.

"What's funny?"

"It's funny because he isn't my boyfriend just... Just someone from high school that I just met. He dropped me off," I said and leaned on the wall.

Andrea beamed. "Nice... So, is he single?"

"I don't know that," I replied.

"Well. Can you hook me up with him?"

I had an instant image of Lucas and my roommate going out on dates and Andrea telling me all about their dates. Something about it made my heart sting but I pushed it far away. I should not be feeling weird about them in that way.

"Lucas isn't someone you should think of dating," I said and watched how she frowned.

"Why?"

"From high school, he's always been a fuckboy or a playboy, whichever you choose," I replied and she scoffed.

"That was in high school and I'm sure he's a changed person now. And if he isn't, I'll change him."

Said every girl ever.

I wanted to voice out my thoughts but kept it to myself and smiled at her. I lay down on my bed and took out my phone from under my pillow. I unlocked the phone and in that instant, I noticed I had a text from a number. I clicked on it and gasped slightly at the content of the message.

Unknown number: Hey, it's Lucas. Just wanted to say good night. I hope you sleep well and dream of me.

I rolled my eyes at the message while a smile reached my face. Lucas was a funny person and too self-entitled. I dropped my phone and stared at Andrea who was back to studying. She was the perfect type for Lucas as she fit into the types of girls he used to be with in high school. She was the complete package and them being together would make a lot of sense but I still felt an ache in my chest at the thought of them together.