•14•breaking news•

•Rylee•

You know the term your life flashes before your eyes?

In this case, yea.

My mind felt like I was spiraling in circles like I couldn't find a direction to go in.

Taylor was on my mind heavily...I'm not sure what's on his mind but something still felt wrong after I left his office this afternoon.

I don't know anymore...

So I called him.

"Really? No answer...come on Taylor, you're worrying me, man," I yelled to myself.

Okay....happy thoughts, happy thoughts....breathe Ryls....just breathe and think happy thoughts.

Shhh......happy thoughts, mind....thinking happy thoughts.

It's late so he's probably taking care of Kai and I don't want to interrupt that.

My phone laid on the arm of the couch as I cuddled up on the couch watching a movie hoping to ease my mind.

I'm not sure what to do...just let things play by ear?

As I sat here, I had Taylor's hoodie in my arms using it for some comfort...I left my favorite one back at his place but this will do.

My head laid on the arm rest now, holding the hoodie to my face as I could smell hints of his cologne from the fabric.

God he smell like heaven....

Not the heavenly kind either.....seriously....sexy.

Soon, my eyes grew heavy and I fall asleep quickly.

....

Manny woke me from my sleep and I looked at him as he fiddles with his keys dropping them on the floor.

He was shaking.

I just woke up so I was trying to catch up as he turned the channel to the news station.

"Manny, what is going on? Why are you freaking out?"

"Why aren't you," he yelled at me.

"I don't like your attitude. I'm just checking on your well-being. Asshole, I swear I love you but you get on my damn nerves sometimes."

"Rylee, look."

My eyes read the caption when I saw vivid images from a car being destroyed along with a motorcycle bike.

"Breaking News: Adrian Romano of Romano Incorporated, suffering serious and deadly injuries from a wreck."

"What?!"

I grabbed my crutches when I got up, not giving myself time to think about what I just saw on my TV.

"Manny, come on. Please, take me to the hospital."

He grabbed his keys and he helped me out of the door locking it behind us.

I had my wallet and my phone trying to my best to be quick down the hall so we could get there fast.

We reached the parking lot and Manny ran off to grab his Range Rover pulling it around.

After I got in, he took off.

"I'm sorry, Lee. I found out when I was with Avery tonight, I tried calling you but you never answered. I'm sorry, okay. I'm so sorry..."

I looked out of the window looking into the pitch black sky as the stars shined through the full clouds and the moon missing.