•2•moonlight•

•Rylee•

One week....

Just one week rolls by and my heart is in a million pieces.

I feel horrible and lost but at the same time I'm free.

....

•one week ago•

"Have you heard from Noah?"

I sipped on my coffee and I looked at Manny who was sitting at his desk across from mine.

"No. He hasn't messaged me much here lately. I've been working like crazy yet I make time for him. But I don't get that back."

Manny scoffed, "Sounds like trouble in paradise."

"He's probably just busy."

I sat back in my white office chair, crossing my arms staring at my laptop screen with photos pulled up.

"Mhm."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. I'll just go to his house tonight. Watch a movie or something."

He shook his head, looking back at his laptop as I sat up in my chair.

I gaze into the photos I have here on my screen, tweaking them, enhancing colors, making professional changes.

"Miss Everest?"

I was so focused on my screen, I haven't even been listening to the voices around me.

"Miss Everest?"

Manny tapped on my desk and I looked at him when he pointed behind me.

"Yes ma'am," I say as I spun my chair around.

"I would like to speak with you in my office, please,
Ma'am."

I nodded, getting up from my seat and following her to her office.

"Close the door and have a seat."

She took a seat at her desk when I closed the glass door and I sit in front of her.

"I wanted to go over your project. Some of your photographs are being noticed and talked about. I'm thrilled to inform you, you and a guest is attending the New York Ball next week."

"Wow. I can't believe I'm being invited."

"Yes. Bring your camera and show them what you are made of. Now, I have two VIP passes, this will grant you all access. You will meet with a gentleman by the name of Perrie Carson. He will walk you through everything there."

My mind was blown at this opportunity. I can't wait, now I have to go shopping for a big ball gown.

"When is it, next week?"

"Yes. Next Saturday at 5pm. You have to be there by noon."

"Yes ma'am. I will make you proud."

She hands me the VIP passes and I leave the office walking back to my desk.

Manny looked at me confused.

"What happened?"

I smiled so big, thrilled with excitement, "Not only am I invited to the New York Ball, I'm choosing someone to come with me and take pictures."

I flashed the VIP passes and his jaw fell straight to the floor, "What?!"

"Manny, will you be my plus one?"

He started tearing up in happiness and I smiled, "Oh god. Me? Who am I kidding, hell yes."

I handed him one of the VIP passes and he looked at the lanyard.