✿.。.:*☆..ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚..☆*:.。.✿

✿.。.:*☆..𝔼𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣..☆*:.。.✿

The cold dark void of space filled the window of Rosalie's ship as she lounged nonchalantly on one of the many chairs in the cockpit, twirling a blade between her fingers as she listened to the radio frequency she tuned into undetected.

Not too far across the void of space from her own ship was a New Republic Prison Ship, a ship that she tracked the Razor Crest to, which Rosalie found quite odd when she saw where the tracking beacon led her to. Especially when the person she was tracking was doing all he could to stay away from law enforcement and basically running away from anyone in the entirely of the outer rim, so she was surprised to find the Mandalorian on a New Republic Prison Ship. But once she found that radio signal, she put the pieces together.

Rosalie couldn't believe it when she heard Ran's name being mentioned over the radio. Either this Mandalorian was stupid or desperate to go work for Ran and his tribe of hooligans.

Yes, he had a good reputation for no questions asked, which Rosalie found useful on multiple occasions in the past, but she wasn't stupid enough to stick around for much longer than was necessary. But once she found out why they were there, she understood why Ran had need of the Mandalorian, his ship wasn't on the New Republic registry, which made it perfect for this prison heist. They could get close with virtually no detection, that is, until they make it obvious to everyone on that ship they were there and docked. She was waiting patiently for that outcome, knowing it was bound to happen.

Rosalie looked back towards the cockpit doors as they opened, revealing her obsidian and scarlet BD unit as he walked in, jumping up onto the command console chirping in greeting.

"Good work with the radio BD. They are none the wiser." The BD unit chirped in joy, jumping over onto her chair. "Now we just wait for them to mess this up."

Watching from a distance this far wasn't as entertaining as Rosalie was hoping it would be. Yes, she had radio updates from the group the Mandalorian was with coming over through the radio, but she wanted so badly to be in the mist of it all.

She supposed now would be the perfect time to go in and grab the child while the Mandalorian was occupied but she wanted to find out more intel on the Mandalorian and why he broke the guild's code first.

Her master wouldn't be thrilled if they found out she wasn't taking this opportunity to seize the child, but she was intrigued. She heard little about his reputation from the individual she got the tracking fob from, saying he was the best in the business and never one to question a bounty until this one came along. Yeah, the kid was cute, but there had to be more to why he broke the code. Some other reason she wasn't told by the leader of the bounty's guild.

She listened to the comms, the voices of multiple people filtering over them, her favourite knife balancing on her index finger, her BD unit watching intently. But an alarm going off over the comms startled BD, making him fall from the chair.

Rosalie sat forward, seeing that whatever they did in the prison activated a distress signal, confirmation coming over the comms as she discovered this. Bound to happen, she thought.

"Zero to Mayfeld. Zero to Mayfeld. I've detected a New Republic distress signal homing in on your location. You have approximately 20 minutes."

Standing from her relaxed position, Rosalie leaned her hands against the command console, BD instantly there with her. They listened, waiting to see if they were going to have to intervene, Rosalie hoping she would.

If the New Republic showed up, there goes her chance at getting the child peacefully. She knew this prison heist would end up going wrong, felt it in her bones, not even she was stupid enough to take on this job, she couldn't afford the heat, as she's sure so couldn't the silver Mandalorian.

𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें