037

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Envy and greed were starting to surface in the hearts of those who the stranger helped.

They felt weak once again, beneath someone more powerful than they will ever be. And they confided to Ren, asking him if there was a way she could share her powers with them. During that time Ren had already begun liking the stranger and he thought it was a bad idea because she could get hurt if she does what they ask of her.

"Isn't it more than enough that she helped us get out of poverty?" Ren reasoned with them. But they all shook their head. Ever since then they had cut him off their discussions.

The stranger hid from them in the clouds, resting thereafter granting so many wishes. She would've never said yes to their request if not for Ren's convincing. Then she heard someone call her and although she couldn't recognize the voice, she still descended from the sky to check who it was. She was surprised to see a group of people, those she helped all looking at her as if they wanted something from her again.

"What is it?" She asked, crossing her arm in the process.

"Give us some of your powers."

She laughed. Perhaps too much. She has seen greed but this was another level of it, to shamelessly ask her to lend them some powers. They must've been crazy, bold in fact.

"No." She wanted to see what they were going to do the moment she said no.

"You people at the top are selfish, don't you think we don't know you only agreed to help us because of Ren?" One of them spoke. "Selfish!"

And deep inside, she continued to laugh. The stranger was beyond offended but she was no God to judge them and just as she was going to ascend back into the sky, a knife was flying in her direction. Even if it hit her, she knew the pain would be comparable to a bite of an ant. She managed to catch the knife before it could even pierce her.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" The stranger walked toward the culprit, playing with the knife in her hand with her powers. "You think I'm a fool." She points her finger at the one who threw it and the knife went flying in his direction, barely hitting his cheek.

"Just selfish." Someone spoke and she chuckles, pointing the knife this time at the one who spoke.

"You're right, I didn't help you because I wanted to. I helped you because you were fools who doesn't want to stand on their own two feet, entrusting everything to divinity." She pushed the knife a little closer to their neck.

"What are you doing, stranger?"

Her eyes widened when she heard Ren's voice speak to her. Everyone made space so he would be able to pass through the crowd and talk to her. He stood in front of her, her index finger still pointed at the person still in control of the knife. Everyone was wary because any small movement from her would mean accidentally getting stabbed.

"I warned you."

I warned you that people's gratitude will always be overpowered by greed for more.

He looked down, guiltily as if he knew what she meant by what she said. "Don't hurt them." He pleads. "Please, stranger."

Sighing, she pulled the knife back to her hold and she could almost hear the breath of relief that escaped from their mouths. Ren grabbed her wrist, pulling her away from the rest. And once they were far from them, that's when he expressed the feelings he couldn't show in front of the others.

If Jungwon had a skip button, he would've skipped those memories.

Little did he know, the next memory that would come was the apocalypse that she would soon cause.