027

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

No amount of words could describe just how bored Jihee was with school. 

She was busy scribbling stuff in her notebook while the teacher spoke about something related to limits and stuff. A topic that she has never used in the hundred years she has lived and perhaps will never use at all given that none of her goals required her to solve the limit of something. 

Sunghoon, who was now her new seatmate, glanced at her. The side of his lips was threatening to raise as he watched an uninterested Jihee draw a bunch of doodles in her notebook. Then she felt someone watching her, she looks to her side and both their eyes made contact. She mouthed the word 'what' to him and he points at the teacher, as if he was telling her to listen. 

She glared at him, shaking her head like a little child. She all of a sudden remembered Jungwon telling her to at least try listening to her class instead of doing god forbids whatever she does to kill time. As much as she likes him, there was a limit to the things she would do for him and that includes actually paying attention to her class. 

By the time the bell rings, Jihee couldn't help but sigh in relief. "So what are you going to do in the upcoming quiz? Especially since you paid so much attention to your drawings." Sunghoon asks her, placing the weight of his head on his arm. 

"Guess and hope for the best?" She says, smiling mischievously, earning hearty chuckles from the latter. "Stop acting as if you're any better than me in math." 

"Point taken." He shrugged, not denying the fact that he too was bad at the subject. Both of them stood up at the same time, their bags behind them, walking together to the exit of the classroom. 

Jihee caught sight of Inseong who made it her daily agenda to throw the former at least a glare and a snarky comment. She had gotten use to it at some point, plus why would she be afraid of some jealous girl? Jihee could turn Inseong's hair green for the rest of her life if she wanted to. 

"My reputation in this school will never get better." She crossed her arms, her expression remaining unbothered. 

Sunghoon knew that was the less of her concerns and she could gladly change it if she wanted to. "You're better than them anyway, so remain unbothered." He said, quite possibly his best attempt in encouragement which she thanked him for. "Ah did Jungwon already mention to you that we have a game next week?" 

She nods, remembering how Jungwon briefly mentioned it after their hot air balloon ride. Since that was enough of an experience for the two, they stopped by a nearby cafe and finished all the chips they bought for the trip. There he lets her know about his game for next week and how much he would like it if she attended. He didn't even need to ask her to come, she would've did so anyway. Because she has always loved watching him play.

"You should watch some of our practices, I'm sure Jungwon would like it." He suggested which felt awkward in Jihee's side considering she always watch their practices, she's just invisible to the others. "Or are you watching and I just can't see you?" 

She tensed for a moment. A suspicious feeling building up her chest but she was quick to dismiss it, not because she thought he was too dumb to put the pieces together but because she trusted him. She did spent quite some time watching him, she knew he had a great sense of judgement. If he did know something, she was sure he would keep his mouth shut for as long as he could. 

"Are you implying I'm invisible?" She implied in a joking manner to which he replied with a shrug paired with a playful smile. "I want to watch but I'm afraid Coach Min would kick me out." 

"Oh you don't have to worry about that, he doesn't mind. In fact he actually likes it when someone watches, he says it's a way for us to get used to the audience." He explains.

She frowned. "How come no one watches then?" 

"Probably the same reason as you." He replied. "Byeol used to watch me, I'm sure Coach Min wouldn't mind you there."

She forgot for a second that he and Byeol used to be something. Their conversation was only cut short when the two of them caught sight of Jungwon (who was already dressed in his practice clothes) and Sunoo, talking to each other not too far from she and Sunghoon. 

Jungwon turned his head for a second to their direction and when he realized Jihee was there, he was quick to end his conversation with Sunoo to approach her. "Hey!" He grinned.

"You look way too happy to see me." She grins as well. They were now by the entrance to the gymnasium and Sunghoon has already made his way inside, courtesy of Sunoo's strong tug. 

He laughed. "Guilty as charge. What are you doing here by the way? I thought you were going to wait in the library?" He asked. 

"I thought we've come to an agreement that I'm not the most patient person?" She said, crossing her arms. "Plus Sunghoon said Coach Min doesn't mind if I watch." 

His eyes widened. "Is that the reason why you're always invisible?" He asked in realization. "I thought you just didn't want to be seen, I never thought you were actually afraid of Coach Min." He laughed to which earned nasty glares from the latter. 

"You could've told me!"

"You could've asked me!" 

"Yang? Ahn?" Both their heads turned to their side to Coach Min, who was standing in the side, his arms crossed in his chest.

"Good afternoon, Coach!" Jungwon greets his coach while Jihee bowed to him.

Coach Min looked at the two back and forth. "Are you here to watch, Ahn?" He asked, referring to Jihee. She replied with a nod. "Oh well, the two of you should get in then. Especially you, Yang. We have a long practice ahead of us." He tells the two and she swore he saw a slight smile plastered on his face as he walked inside. 

The two of them looked at each other before making their way inside. She could see the other players, preparing themselves by warming up. Sunoo was sitting at the side, taking note of something. 

"I have to warm up. Please don't do anything funny once you get bored." He said, as if Jihee was a ticking time bomb (which was half true.) "You have Sunoo to preoccupy you." 

Jihee laughed. "I won't do anything funny. I'm saving my tricks for the big game." She winks and a half-smile appeared on his face, signifying that he found it funny but at the same time he hoped that was a joke. "Okay go on, practice now. You have a game to win next week." She said, pushing him away. 

Just as he was about to walk away from her, she suddenly called his name which made him turn his head, raising his eyebrow in the process. She signaled him to walk a little bit closer, again confusing the latter more than he already was. 

And once the distance between them was close enough for her, she tiptoed to place a kiss on his cheek. 

"Good luck." She smiled triumphantly as he stood there, frozen on the spot. She makes her way to Sunoo's side, happily watching a dazed Jungwon make his way to his friends who for some reason had not seen her kiss his cheek. 

"Gosh I hate seeing this version of the two of you. Can't you just return to your bickering version?" Sunoo comments, a look of disgust plastered all over his adorable face. 

She paid no attention to him and kept her eyes on Jungwon instead, unknowingly that someone had been watching them or rather, her. 

Sunghoon scolded himself mentally when he felt the familiar feeling of jealousy.  

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

so filler chap but hehe the next chapter(s) will have more i promise

also new book cover :>