23.

~loverboy 46.~

I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry for being so dumb. For being so careless. But I had no right to cry. No one truly did anything to me. Everything I did last night was from my own actions. I had no one to blame— no one but myself. On my phone I looked at his contact— contemplating whether I should call or message him. But the idea that he didn't want to speak with me was too strong. "He hates me.." I felt a pit in my stomach, a feeling I knew all too well.

~loverboy 47.~

Unless it was to use the restroom I hadn't gone out of my room in days. I had received plenty of messages and calls from people but I didn't reply. I spent my days watching South Park hoping I'd feel some kind of happiness but I didn't.

The old me would be so disappointed. Crying over a nigga I'm not even dating. Crying over a nigga period. But this wasn't about me. It was about him and what I said to him.

There was a knock at my door, whoever it was let themselves in. "What the hell is won't with you child?" It was mama. She opened up the curtains letting light in. It stung my eyes. "Got me thinking you're ass was dead and shit."

"Sorry mama."

"... Girl what is going on. I'm afraid that you don't even know what day it is. Do you?"

"It's Tuesday mama."

"Exactly. It's summer break and you're here at home. I'm worried about you bug.. what's going on?" She sat on my bed and rubbed my shoulder.

"It's nothin ma-"

"Is it that lil boy?" She asked. "I knew it.. what did he do?"

"He didn't do anything mama.. everything that happened was my fault."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No.."

She stood up from my bed, "well what you're not going to do is sit here in this bed for another 5 days. So what you gon do?"

"I don't know my mama. I... I just want to be alone." I could literally feel a pit form in my stomach again. I adjusted my blanket and brought my knees closer to my chest.

"Y/n, sweetie have you spoken with him?"

"..no."

"Well you need to try and do that first." She walked over to the door ready to leave."If it really matters to you this much then you need to get your ass up and go to him." She walked out after that.

And she was right.

I knew from that start that I needed to talk to him. Yet, I stayed in my room mopping as if he'd hurt me. But as it stood in reality he did nothing but help me. All the time.

I reached for my phone taking it off my nightstand.

———

About 20 minutes later I found myself at his door ringing the doorbell. He opened the door only a couple seconds later.  He looked surprised yet unamused all the same. "Hey..." Was all I managed to say.