19.

••

~loverboy 43.~

••

We agreed to go to Y/n's house for lunch. While walking to my car we had a small conversation. Really about nothing at all. "Did your mom ask you about the hoodie when you got back from dropping me off yesterday?" She asked me.

"No. It's normal for me to walk around the house with a jacket on so no she didn't say nothing." Back when I was released from the hospital, I wouldn't wear anything but jackets and hoodies. I wouldn't go anywhere without one. "Mmm, I see." She kept walking.

Soon as we got there we washed our hands and emptied out the refrigerator. Throwing stuff into the microwave. "Can I ask you a question?"She sounded a little serious so I was intrigued.

I nodded, "yeah go ahead."

She took a long pause before finally speaking. "So.. do you think that your dad would've liked me?"

" Ummm..."

"So no?!" Y/n slumped down in her chair.

"No... it's just that I don't know. My dad was pretty chill and wasn't always too worried about who I was dating. He didn't really give a shit at all." I shrugged. I looked over to see Y/n picking at her food. "I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything— If I told my dad that I was dating someone who's Black he'd be shocked you know. And that goes for a lot of minorities. Most of our parents don't urge us to date outside our race."

"I get it. I'm sure that if I told my parents that I'm dating someone who's Asian they'd be shocked. Especially my dad."

"Right. And it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just something to get used to— as far as cultural differences go." I kissed her forehead just in case she was a little upset. I brought both our plates to the sink leaving them in there. Y/n then took me to her room. "My dad never likes anyone on spot so he'd just have to get used to you. I'm more than positive that he'd like you more than any other girl I've been with."

"Really? Or are you just saying that."

"Yeah I mean why would I lie to you?" I sat in her gaming chair and turned the tv on.

"I don't know, why would you lie to me Rintaro?"

"I wouldn't, that's exactly what I'm telling you."

"Ok then I have a question. Why haven't you asked me out yet?"

Truth be told I haven't asked her out yet because I know what she'll say and that is 'I don't know.' And simply, why would I waste my time asking. Y/n often second guesses and overthinks herself. Causing minor situations to become stressful. That being one of the many things I've noticed about her. —"Because?"

"Because what?"

"There's a time and place for everything..."

"The time is now!" She whisper yelled, "or forever hold your peace."

"Holding my peace sounds nice."

"You're making my head hurt." She took off her jersey and threw it on the floor. "Im going to sleep."

"Want me to wake you up?"

"Yeah, please."

I went back to getting on the game. About 40 minutes later I turned off the tv and walked over to her. "Y/n, you gotta get up." I tapped her on the shoulder but she wouldn't budge. I tapped on her again, "Y/n come on, we gotta go."

"I don't want to..." She groaned shifting a little.

"Bubs, I don't want to leave you here alone, so you have to come with me." I said but I was hardly focused. She looked so cute and peaceful laying there. Y/n let out a low 'okay' and began to sit up. She held her hand up and I welcomed it into mine. When she stood up she wouldn't let me go.

"Suna.. can I get a hug?"

"Yea," I answered. She wrapped her arms around my torso and laid her head against my chest. I rubbed her back, "Are you okay?"

Y/n nodded, "I just had an ass of a dream, that's all."

"Are you okay though?"

She got quiet, "Can you just stay here with me please? Even if it's only until I go to sleep again.. Please?"

With the way she sounded how could I have said no? Maybe I cared too much about her. Yet, there's only one day of school left. Missing today wouldn't be bad, right? "You sure you're alright?" I was looking down at her. It was obvious, I could tell she wasn't. "I'll stay... you wanna lay back down?"

"Yeah.." I heard her sniff.

"Wait are you crying?" I pulled her away so I could see her face. There were some tears falling from her eyes and my jacket was stained. We sat down on her bed and didn't say anything. "You wanna talk about it?"

"..no. I'm sorry." Her head was rested on my shoulder as we sat at the edge of the bed. I nodded, "look imma get you some water alright, you go ahead and lay down." 

When I got back she was curled up on her side looking at the wall. I sat the cup on the nightstand and walked to the other side to lay down next to her. "I'm right here if you need me okay," I told her. She nodded and pulled the blanked over to her shoulders.

Although she did hold out her hand for me to hold. After that there was no more interaction between the two of us after that. About 30 minutes passed before I was sure that she was asleep. Then another 30 minutes later she woke up again, yet she still not saying a word.

"Rintaro," Y/n finally said. I turned my head towards her. I was glad that she was willing to talk to me. "Yes Y/n?"

"My dream was that I was with you in your car, then you dropped me off at home... and when you left you got in a car crash. Just like what happened to your dad." I could hear it in her voice. She was trying to hold back from crying again. Y/n squeezed my hand, "It felt so real. Suna, I don't want you to leave me. I just can't lose another friend, especially not you."

I was shocked, actually I was flabbergasted. "Y/n... look at me." She turned around and looked me straight in my eyes. "I really need you to hear and trust me when I say I'm never going to leave you okay. We all know that I care about you too much to even think about that."

I could see her smile a little bit which made me feel some kind of relief. I motioned her to come lay closer to me and she laid on my chest. "From now on I'll be careful when I drive okay." I kissed her cheek, "You know I love you right?"

Y/n nodded, "I love you too."

—————

As the writer I be thinking that shit is a cliché and corny— then I remember that it's wattpad.