Chapter 24

NO ONE'S POV

While Hayley was getting herself and Hope ready, Klaus had already gotten ready and had started to prepare the dinner that he had promised. As soon as he finished cooking he called the two of them to come into the dining room.

"Dinner smells good," Hayley said.

"From what I know pasta is Hope's favorite meal and I want my Littlest Wolf to enjoy this dinner with her parents," Klaus replied while opening a bottle of wine for him and Hayley and pouring some juice for Hope.

The three of them were soon eating the pasta that Klaus made and joking with each other while telling stories to one another.

After dinner, Klaus goes into his room and comes back down and brings Hope's present with him. As soon as he gives her the bracelet that he got her Hope is beaming with happiness and hugs her father. After talking some more both of them put Hope to bed.

When they come back down Hayley sits on the couch while Klaus opens another bottle of wine. As soon as Klaus sits on the couch, Hayley turns to face him and decides this is the time to start asking her questions.

"So, now that we have had dinner I think it's time that we have a serious conversation," She tells him while looking directly at his ocean blue eyes.

"Alright Little Wolf ask any questions that you have on your mind and I'll answer them for you," He tells her calmly feeling that Hayley was nervous about the subject of their conversation.

"Can you please talk to me and tell me what and how did you feel these last five years," She asks him. "It was like a never-ending torture. Feeling all that pain, but the worst thing would be the hallucinations. I never knew what was real and what my imagination was. Many time I would dream about Hope and you, worrying that something would happen to you. I also remember once this specific dream that I had woken up but found all of you dead, including Hope. I think that was the worst hallucination that I had," Klaus says while recalling his hallucination feeling the fear and pain creep up on him again.

Hayley could see that he was starting to feel the emotions that he had been going through these last five years and so she wrapped her arms around him and put him in a comforting hug letting him take his time to tell her everything.

As he calms down Klaus leaves her arms, "Thank you for that Little Wolf. It's difficult sometimes for me to recall everything I went through. I remember all of the hunger that I would feel, hearing and smelling everything. All the humans and the blood inside their veins, it would drive me to a certain point of madness where I would have to imagine myself with Hope, you and with family. That was the only safe haven I had in that place," He tells her looking at her with teary eyes.

"Alright, what are we going to do about Marcel, Klaus and where are we going to go after leaving here? Like I told you this morning I want to settle down somewhere safe for all of us," She tells him wanting to change the subject.

"Well today before my sibling left I had a small chat with them and we decided that tomorrow morning we would wake up early before breakfast and before Hope wakes up and decide what we are going to do. All that has been decided now is that it would be best if we stay on the low and try to leave this place as soon as we have a secure and stable plan. As for Marcel, we are going to let some time pass and let everything calm down and if we see that Marcel is not running after us then we will go to New Orleans and see if we could come to an understanding. We would stay away from new Orleans unless necessary and he would leave us alone," He tells her.

"I think that is a good plan. I know what Marcel did wasn't right, but he did it because he felt that we didn't treat him right, and to a certain extent he had a point. The fact that Freya sacrificed Davina is still a guilt that I carry with me to this day. She was just a little kid, and then there is the fact that Elijah tore his heart out and killed him. Marcel doesn't hate us but he feels a certain anger for what we did to him and Davina," Hayley explains to him trying to show him why Marcel did what he did.

"I know, and I can never hate him. I want to forgive him, but since I raised him I know Marcel pretty well and I know that he still thinks that we don't see him as, family and that all we see him is just another vampire there to listen and obey us. That is why Marcel took the serum, so he could prove to us, to me that he isn't the little boy that I had protected, but he is a man that can face any danger and still stay strong," Klaus tells her.