Chapter 20

REBEKAH'S POV

After learning all about Elijah's marriage I decided I need to talk to Nik and ask him for some answers. I went into the kitchen and walked up to Nik.

"Nik can I talk to you for a second?" I ask him "Yes Rebekah, what do you want to talk about?" He asked me.

"Why didn't you tell me about Elijah's marriage with Aya. I had to find out from Hayley this morning before breakfast. I thought you trusted me enough to tell me something this important about our brother." I told him quite hurt.

Out of all of my siblings I was most close to Nik and the fact that he didn't tell me about Elijah's marriage does hurt me a lot because no matter what I thought he was the one that I could trust the most to always tell me what's going on in our family and so the revelation of Elijah's marriage to me from Hayley does hurt. I expected Nik to be the one to tell me about Elijah's marriage.

"Listen to me Rebekah love, I know that you might be hurt by not knowing about Elijah's marriage but I didn't want to bring up the past. When we were all together in Mystic Falls it was the first time that I saw Elijah as he was before Aya left him. I think Hayley informed you why she left and I didn't want to see Elijah fall into the deep end again. it was hard to see him slowly lose himself because Aya wasn't there. He truly loved her and she had broken his heart. So I thought that the best for all of us was to just let the past be in the past. I just didn't want to see Elijah hurt anymore sister. I never meant to hurt you, Rebekah, I just thought that his revelation of his marriage should be Elijah's decision." Nik slowly explained to me.

Listening to what Nik has said to me does make me feel better that the reason that he didn't tell me is that he wanted Elijah to tell us and not because he doesn't trust me enough.

"Okay, Nik I understand what you mean. I missed you a lot these five years Nik. All the time I thought about you and how you were doing. I never want to be separated from you again Nik." I told him with tears in my eyes.

"You don't have to worry Rebekah I am not going anywhere little sister. I'm going to be here." He told me with a tear rolling down his face.

"Alright go get ready for your day out with Hope," I told him while waking out of the kitchen.

NO ONE'S POV

As Klaus went to change upstairs. Hayley was in Hope's room helping her change.

"Mommy, daddy told me that he is going to stay with us and that he won't leave us again. Do you think that my aunts and uncles will stay with us as well?" Hope asks Hayley. "I don't know Hope but they could because to your aunts, uncle and father family is always and forever and so I don't think that they are going to leave anytime soon, but you can ask them yourself when we get back from the park," Hayley answered, and they spent the time getting ready in silence.