Chapter 13

NO ONE'S POV

As Hayley is going through some thought: she feels someone behind her, she turns around and sees Klaus coming near her.

"Hello Little Wolf," He tells her

"When are you going to stop calling me that?" She asks him.

"Never, and why are you out here if you don't mind me asking." He tells her. " I'm just thinking," Hayley tells him and contemplates if she should tell him about the whole thing with Elijah.

"What about?" Klaus asks her, intrigued by what's going through her mind. "If I tell you this, will you promise me that it will remain a secret between us until I tell you?" She asks him, feeling hopefulthat if he says yes then she would finally have some answers to all of the thoughts that are running through her head. Klaus simply nodded.

"When I was reading one of Elijah's journal I stumbled upon something and there was written about Elijah's wife Aya. Is it true, was he married before?" Hayley asks him hoping that he will tell her the truth.

She looks at Klaus and sees that he looks like he is having an internal battle as if to see if he should tell her or not. "Please Klaus, I just want to know the truth." She begs him and looks straight into his eyes. He looks at her and decides to ask her something." Elijah did never end up telling you did he?" "No, please Klaus tell me. I want to know, I need to know." She begs him again.

"Okay, well it's a bit of a long story but I will try to see how to put it. It's true Elijah was married to a woman named Aya. She had met Elijah when she was dealing with transitioning into a vampire and Elijah had taken a liking to her and so he decided to help her." He starts to explain to her and he can see how much she wants to know more, so he continues.

"She was beautiful indeed, and her and Elijah formed a bond when he was helping her, and one night he asked her to go on a date with him, one date turned into a spring of events that finally made Elijah realize he was in love with her and so he asked her to marry him. A year later they got married and they spent about 2 years married until one night Mikael came for us and we had to flee away from the place, but Mikael always got his revenge, he found her family and killed all of them. When her and Elijah found out she blamed him for the loss of her family and so she fled and left Elijah with a broken heart. After her disappearance Elijah was a mess, he would feed till the point of blacking out from the amount of blood that he consumed. The first time that I had seen Elijah without his wedding ring was when he came the first time back to Mystic Falls about 9 years ago." He finishes telling her.

"Wait, so the only reason they aren't together anymore is that she left him because of what happened to her family?" She asks him. "Yes, that is the reason that they aren't together. If Mikael hadn't killed her family, then she and Elijah would probably still be together." He tells her.

"So, he never thought to share all of this with me. I didn't need to know the whole story but at least I would have liked for him to tell me this. He knows a lot of things about me and about my life and he couldn't even find it in himself to tell me the truth about his past." She tells him. "It usually is normal for someone who is married or was married before to share this piece of information with the person they say that they love." She continues and lets a few tears fall down her face.

He gets closer to her and pulls her in for a hug to comfort her. He knew that this would happen, that is why he had told Elijah to tell Hayley before she found out. He lets her go out of his arms only to have her rest her head on his chest, while he starts to try and calm her down. "Who else knows about his marriage with Aya?" She mumbles in his chest

He moved back and lifted her chin and made her look at him. " No one, I was the only one that knew about his marriage." He tells her. " Wait, so none of your siblings know about his marriage." She tells him. "No, they were all daggered at the time when he met her." He tells her.

"Klaus, thank you for trying to get Elijah to tell me about the marriage, he wrote about how you told him to tell me." She tells him. "I'm sorry you found out this way Hayley, but if you don't mind me asking, what are you and Elijah going to do now?" He asks her. " I'm going to tell him that he and I are over, and then I will tell him that he should know better than t keep secrets from the person he says that he loves." She tells him.

'You are going to end your relationship with Elijah?" He asks her. "Yes, I can't be with someone who would keep a secret this big from me. I don't want to hurt him, but at the same time I don't want to end up being the one getting hurt." She tells him.

"I agree with you on this Hayley, I don't want to see my brother getting hurt but I also don't want him to hurt you. All I ask is that you try to break it down for him gently, please." He asks her because even though he may have hurt Hayley, Elijah is still his brother.

They stayed outside and continued to talk about various of things that have happened in the last five years when Elijah came outside.