Chapter 14

'Niklaus, Hope is asking for you. She's inside." elijah tells him.

As Klaus leaves them by themselves Elijah goes to sit next to Hayley.

"What was it you wanted to talk to me about Elijah?" She asks him not wanting to stay talking to him longer than necessary.

'What happened Hayley? He asks her. What do you mean Elijah. You're the one that wanted us to talk and I've been here waiting for you for I don't know how long and suddenly you show up late and then you are the one to asks me what's wrong. Why don't you tell me why you asked for me to have this conversation with you." she tells him angrily.

"Why are you acting like this? I'm your lover. Is it so uncommon for me to want to speak with my partner? What happened Hayley, something must have happened if you are acting this way towards me." He tells her while grabbing her hand and placing his left hand on her left cheek.

"How am i acting Elijah? Please tell me how is it that I'm acting." She told him angrily while standing up from the bench and walking a few steps away from Elijah. He stands up and goes to stand next to her "Hayley you are being distant, and I will tell you how. When we first woke up you went to hug Rebekah, you didn't even come and talk to me. The Hayley that I knew before these last five years would have never done anything like that." He tells her.

"I'm so sorry Elijah that I was so worried for all of you and also worried about how Klaus would be when he woke up that I might have neglected you. Sorry that maybe at that moment you weren't my top priority." She tells him while trying to control herself from lashing out an doing something she might regret.

"It's not just that, since I woke up you haven't even given me one kiss or a hug. Nothing, so I want to know now what happened while I wasn't here so that we can fix it together." He tells her trying to understand her new attitude towards him.

At this point Hayley was really mad and decided to just come out and say what she has been dying to tell Elijah. She knew this would be the end of her relationship with Elijah because there is no way that she can ever be with him again. "I know Elijah. I know everything. I know how you are married to a woman named Aya and the only reason that she is not here with you is because of what Mikael did to her family and I also know that you are still married to her." She told him trying so hard to not let a few tears that have gathered up in her eyes escape because she didn't want Elijah to know how much this whole thing affected her.

As Elijah was going to speak Hayley continues." This is why I am so mad and why I haven't wanted to talk to you." She tell him still trying to maintain a little bit of control." Niklaus told you about my marriage to Aya. I can't believe he would talk about something that doesn't concern him, he had no right." Elijah talks angrily not seeing that by what he is saying he is angering Hayley more.

"Do not blame this on Klaus Elijah!!! I read your journals, that is how I found out about her! Klaus did tell me about the whole thing that happened and why she is no longer here but that was just before you came and outside. The only thing that Klaus did was try to comfort me while I was trying to understand why you would lie to me about something like this. If you had told me yourself about your marriage then I wouldn't have been angry but to find out that the person that I love is still technically married to his wife from hundred of years ago gives me a right to be upset and angry about this. So don't try to blame this on Klaus, and how could you not tell the rest of your siblings about this." Hayley told him while feeling all the amount of control that she has slipping away from her in a matter of a second.

"Hayley if you would just let me explain the whole situation to you, you might understand it better." He asked her trying to calm her down. "Oh, so you are implying that I'm not smart enough to understand this whole thing." She asks him slightly offended by his words.

'No, you know what Elijah you had a chance to tell me about all of this and it wouldn't have mattered at all to me, but the fact that you kept it hidden makes me question if you are over Aya or not. " She tells him trying to not let him interrupt so she can get out of this conversation with Elijah.

'I'm sorry Elijah but we can't be together anymore, we're finished." She tells him " No Hayley don't make this decision just yet, try to consider it." He tells her fearing that he might not have her with him anymore. "This isn't a business deal Elijah. I'm not going to reconsider. My decision has been made and it will stay that way forever."

Hayley starts to walk back to the house ignoring Elijah calling her and just continues to walk forward. When she reaches the house she sees Klaus in the living room, with a glass of bourbon in his hand. He looks at her and he can see that she wants nothing more than to cry. He had heard and watched her and Elijah the whole time since he came back inside the house.

He stands up and goes right in front of her and puts her in his arms letting her seek comfort in him. All Hayley wanted to do this whole time was just to let a few tears out. She just stayed in Klaus' arms while letting go of all of the anger and sadness that she has been feeling. Klaus just stayed there holding her while trying to make her calm down.

"Don't worry Hayley, it will get better remember what I told you your pain will fade away in time, you just need to make sure that you don't let the anger and sadness takeover." He tells her trying to give her some hope that the pain will fade away in time but he knew better than anyone else that the pain will stay there with her inside her heart.

"I'm so sorry Klaus." She tells him, he gave her a confused look and she told him 'You have been through hell these last five years and here I am being selfish and crying while the pain that you have felt is a hundred times worse than this" She looks at him and he sees her eyes filed with the remaining tears that still haven't come out yet.

"Hayley, I am fine. There will be another time for me to tell you what I went through. Right now just focus on yourself and try to stop crying please, I hate to see you cry," He tells her while placing her back into his arms and hearing her sobs getting lower and lower till there were no more tears coming out. They stayed like that, just being held in each other's arms and finding comfort in each other.