Chapter 21

NO ONE'S POV

When Klaus, Hayley, and Hope were all in the car on their way to the park. Klaus noticed how Hayley was being awfully quiet and not saying anything.

"Okay love I know I'm a thousand years old but can you please say something," Klaus told her hoping to make her laugh. "You have no idea how much I want to say to you, but I'm afraid of the answers I'll get," She told him.

"Why are you afraid little wolf," He asked her. "Because I don't know if I can bear to listen to what you have to say," She told him. "Ahh... So your questions have to do something with me. I think I know your first question and seeing that Hope is asleep right now, I'll answer your questions, and if at any time you want me to stop I will. Okay, Little Wolf?" He told her.

"Yeah, alright, so, can you finally tell me what you felt these last five years?" She asks him. "Okay Hayley look, I promise you that tonight after we have dinner with Hope, it will be just the two of us and then we will talk about what I had to go through these last five years." He tells her. "Okay, we will talk tonight," She tells him.

"So, Rebekah was mad about you not telling her that Elijah was married before?" She asks him. "It's understandable that my sister would be hurt that I didn't tell her about Elijah's marriage. She and I are the closest out of all of our siblings and so I expected Rebekah to be slightly hurt, but I explained everything to her and she understands why I didn't tell her or anyone, In fact, you are the first person that I have spoken to about this," He answers Hayley.

"Seriously, you never told anyone about Elijah being married before?" She asks, slightly surprised. "No one," He confirms.

"Alright. Why did you tell me all of the details, not that I'm complaining or anything but why do you keep on offering me comfort?" She asks him.

"Okay well, firstly I told you because you had the right to know about Elijah's past, Secondly if I'm not mistaken you were the first one to hug me when I woke up, "He told her, and Hayley could feel a blush on her face. "I only hugged you because I may have missed you a bit, but thank you for all the hugs. It's comforting knowing that someone out there is ready to comfort me when I need a shoulder to cry on," She says back.

"It is my pleasure Little Wolf. So what is the next question?". "Where are we going to go after we leave New York, we need a place to stay and I would like to talk to you about this because I don't want to have to keep on making Hope move all the time. If only we could ever have a sort of agreement with Marcel," She says. "I know what you mean Hayley, I don't want Hope to grow up like this, and as to where we can go, like I said last night I have many houses. Some are in quite towns far away from New Orleans. If you want we can move there, all of my houses are big enough for my whole family." He said. "Now if you don't mind me asking though Hayley, what are we going to do with Keelin? We can't keep her with us," He continued.

"I know, I guess we will have to compel her and erase all of her memories of us and put her somewhere safer for her. What do you think?" Hayley says. "As long as Hope and the rest of us are safe I have no problem with your plan. We will talk about this with my siblings either tonight or tomorrow," he says. "I thought we were having dinner tonight," Hayley tells him in a joking tone. "Then we will talk about this tomorrow because nothing is going to ruin our day with Hope," He says

"Thanks for removing all of the thoughts of Elijah and Aya out of my mind Klaus, I appreciate it," She says while looking at him. "No problem, after all, I had fun talking with you, and it was sure a hell of a lot better than the silence there was before," He says while looking at her.

The rest of the journey to the part was filled with laughs and many jokes, mostly from Klaus.

Once they arrive at the park Klaus and Hope go to spend some quality time together while Hayley sits on a bench with all of her thoughts in her head.

"Mummy, come play with us!" Hayley hears Hope say.

"Alright I'm coming sweetheart," Hayley says as she goes near Hope and Klaus. "What are we going to play?" She asks. "I want to play on the swings, so daddy is going to push me and mummy you can go on the other one and we can swing together," Hope says.

"Alright, honey," Hayley says, while Klaus looks at Hope "Why am I the one doing all of the work my little princess?" He tells her jokingly.

"Well you're the strongest out of all of us and so you can push me higher daddy," She says while smiling at him.

With just one look at her smile, Klaus' heart is melting and he obliges with what his daughter wants.