Welcome

I held Haylen's hand as he breathe in and out. He's been having contractions for about a hour now. Once in a while he would let out a small whimper of pain. Niall was hugging Haylen trying to give him comfort, Haylen would grab on him too hard when there was an extra hard contraction but Niall just hugged him harder. Niall's been his rock since his water broke at the park. He ran 10 minutes from the park to me to tell me Haylen was having the baby. He had little tears running down his face.

"Daddy, momma crying" he whispered to me.

"Mommy's having the baby now" I answered.

"Sister need to hurry, she making mommy cry" I chuckled "mommy will be alright okay buddy?" he nodded his head as he played with Haylen's hair.

We were going to take Haylen to Dr. Frank's but he wanted to wait till his contractions got closer together. I don't understand that but it's his choice.

"I can't believe we're going to have a daughter" Haylen whispered, this was the first thing he said in the last 15 minutes. "Do we even know how to take care of a girl?" I looked at Niall.

"There was a time when we didn't think we could take care of Niall but we did and he turned out to be an amazing person "Haylen played with Niall's hair. "He's going to grow up to be a good man" Haylen said he looked up at Jonathan "just like his dad" Jonathan smiled "I love you so much"

Haylen suddenly grunted "I think it's time" he announced. Jonathan and Niall helped him walk to Dr. Frank's office. Dr. Frank gave Haylen a gown to put on. "you'll do great" Jonathan whispered as he gave him a goodbye kiss.

"Momma stop" Niall shouted as he ran to Haylen, he hugged him tightly around the waist"I love you"he whispered. Haylen looked down at him "I love you too Angel"

"Come on buddy mommy has to go" Jonathan said gently, Niall nodded his head. He waved as Haylen walked down the hall.

Two hours later they heard a cry. Niall clapped eagerly "sisters here" he told Jonathan, Jonathan wiped away his tears, no matter how many kids they have in the future he still considered every birth a miracle.

They walked together in the delivery room to see Haylen holding a little pink bundle.

"Ssshhh" Haylen said as they walked in "she's sleeping" Niall tip toed to the bed and looked at the baby "she pretty" he whispered. Jonathan smiled down at her "she's beautiful"

Haylen and Jonathan both smiled at each other. "I love you"Haylen said.

"Love you more "answered Jonathan.

Niall giggled as she held on to his pinky. "I think she likes me mommy"he said. Haylen smiled "of course she loves you your her wonderful big brother"

Jonathan, Haylen and Niall huddled up on the small hospital bed together. Whispering to each other.

On September 5 they welcomed Winter Hope Richardson into the family.

Picture is of what I think Winter looks like as a newborn.