And The Trouble Begins

Haylen walked down the long hallway, one hand intertwined with Jonathan's and the other stroking his small baby bump. Haylen's hair was in a ponytail that reached his back, nice fitted black jeans and a loose shirt that hung off his shoulders. Jonathan was simply wearing a black shirt and pants, He was never fussy about his appearance, Luckily his good looks and his royal title saved him from being ridiculed.

They finally reached the door of the council's meeting. Haylen turned to Jonathan pouting innocently "Do we really have to do this?" Jonathan chuckled sympathetically "Angel, you know we do" "But they hate me" "No they don't" Jonathan said in exasperation "Yes they do" retorted Hayle, Jonathan rolled his eyes in reply and tugged on Haylens arm "You're wasting time, come on" before Haylen could argue further Jonathan open the door and pulled him in. In the council was Jonathan's dad king Adam, Samuel, Jonathan's ex-boyfriend who despised Haylen, the knights and Hector, Samuel's personal servant.

"Oh wow" said Samuel as he looked at Haylen "did you know this was a council meeting?" Haylen looked confused for a minute before he answered cautiously "yes, why do you ask?" "No particular reason, I just thought that you might want to wear something nice." replied Samuel smoothly. Haylen looked down at himself "I don't see anything wrong with what I'm wearing" he retorted "Of course you don't, you're still stuck in your servant ways. Take note that royals tend to look presentable at meetings" before Haylen could comment king Adam cleared his throat. "Let's get this meeting started"he announced.

Haylen took the spare seat, squeezing in between Hector and Jonathan. Jonathan reached down and took his hand sympathetically.

"Any developments on the baby?" king Adam asked "Well" Jonathan began "We were trying to pick out names and I think we came up with the perfect one" "What did you choose son?"questioned king Adam.

"WE choose the name Niall"

"Niall" repeated Samuel "doesn't that sound a little, I don't know ridiculous"

"Although I wouldn't express it in those words, I have to agree with Samuel that's not a name fit for a future king"

"We actually have a list of names you could use" replied Samuel, he grabbed a paper seemingly out of nowhere and slid it across the table to Jonathan and Haylen. Haylen and Jonathan looked at it before Haylen slid it back across the table."The names aren't that bad" Jonathan said, Haylen shot him a look "you aren't actually agreeing to letting them name OUR baby are you?" He asked, the hurt was evident in his eyes "baby come on, I kinda agree with Samuel" Samuel just continued to look even more smug."You said you loved it last night" Haylen said voice a little broken."while that's a good name for a BABY that's not a name fit for a MAN, he needs a strong name" Jonathan said. Haylen slid out off his chair "fine" he said as tears pooled in his eyes "name OUR baby what ever the fuck you want"

"Hay- "before Jonathan could finish Haylen walked out of the door.

With a slam of the door he was gone.