XI

2021, June 5th, 4:32

[[[[[------<|>------]]]]]

[[[[------<|>------]]]]]

[[[[[------<|>------]]]]]

  Felix immediately sat up, his brown eyes widened to high heaven, or high hell. Glancing around the room, he noticed no one was looking at him. He didn't care about the loss of attention, but he was quite shocked.

  "How can he eat my soul?" He asked, a hint of hesitation showing in his voice. The guys let their cold black eyes flicker over to him for a mere second, surprised he was still able to ask questions in such a shocking event.

  "Obviously, we don't eat human food. And we can't smell food either, but souls is what we are meant to consume." Minho said, his voice barely higher than a whisper. The boy could tell they were all visibly hurt.

  It was quiet for a second, while Felix was thinking about what to say. Everyone else still made no effort to make eye contact with him. The only sound was Felix's breathing, soft and even, never missing a beat.

  "Why'd you stop him..?" He muttered silently, looking down. The Uiqais swiftly all turned their head in his direction, all startled when he said this. All of their eyes went red. Seungmin and Jeongin instantly disappeared, not wanting to answer, Jisung and Minho stared, dumbfounded by him, while Chan didn't seem fazed at the slightest.

  "You're soul is the best one we've found. And we've all waited thirteen years for your soul to become of age to consume. Letting someone simple devour it all in a selfish act will not be tolerated." The oldest stated firmly, eyes closed, but piercing with pity and anguish.

  Felix hummed after deciphering the words, before laying back down onto the pillow. "That's it? You're not worried or scared the slightest bit?! Not even concerned for you life?" Jisung blurted, clearly shook by the face he didn't show his weakness.

  "I guess I really don't care for my life anymore. I mean, you guys were my bestest friends, although you were stuffed animals I could hear you talk to me. You guys were all I knew beside my other friends. If my soul being eaten by you guys was the plan since I was little then I don't have much of another purpose in life." Jisung huffed in awe, before teleporting himself out.

  Minho apparently left later, as Felix wasn't paying attention anymore. Chan leaned on the wall, not moving the slightest, just like he was a statue. Golden eyes glanced over at the motionless boy every so often prior to finding something else attention seeking. Hearing his sharp breaths was enough conformation for the Uiqai, that he was alive.

  "What did Hyunjin do to Changbin?" Breaking the silence, the human didn't move from his position, and his voice was hushed and dry. The leader was at his bed in milliseconds, sitting at the end of it.

  His eyes became bright blue, still not looking Felix in the eye, "He used a bit of Qonia, as known as Human Illusion. It's called Human Illusion because a it doesn't work on humans as well as Uiqais, like it would feel like an illusion. Quonia is hard to learn and definitely takes a lot of time to learn. Hyunjin is the only one who can use Quonia besides Seungmin, abd he can't use a lot of it. Hyunjin is... much different that us." Forbthe last few words, Chan finally met the boy's gaze. Felix was crying. Instantly, the Uiqai was at his side.

  "Lix, why are you crying..?" He asked, letting his eyes become darker than the blue that was already presented in his eyes.

  "I--I have no i--idea..." He choked, wiping his tears, and trying to turn the other direction to hide his face, but a cold hand stopped him.

  "Please don't hide you feelings, the others do that enough as it is. I want to know how you are feeling. Are you upset that Changbin got in trouble or are you scared?" Felix could read the sincerity in his voice, it was also very soothing. The human sat up, opening his arms for a hug. Chan looked at Felix strangely, "What are you doing?"

  "Hug."

  Chan stared blankly at him, his eyes becoming green and his eyebrows furrowed together. "What's a hug?"

  Felix gasps dramatically, his face suddenly filled with amusement. "Are you being serious?"

  "Yeah..?" The human started laughing. "What-- why are you laughing at me?!" Chan tried to hide his smile but he was being completely honest. "Am I missing an inside joke or something?"

  Felix stood up and wrapped his arms around the Uiqai's back, still giggling. The leader froze for a minute, having no idea what to do.

  "Hug me back." He said, enjoyment ringing through his vocal cords. The other cautiously placed his arms around the boy's back, still very confused. "This is hugging."

  "I'm still very puzzled."