Death's Little Village-3

Start from the beginning

There was even a tale that the shriekers that live on these islands, particularly the Barren Holm, were actually those who had screamed out in agony for their Goddess's mercy and many more such tales, and despite being interested and wanting to hear more, they were going to have to wait for another time. Still, I wonder if there's any truth to the tales. Particularly the whole underwater kingdom bit with the long lost treasures guarded by sea monsters.

Sounds like a future quest to me.

Putting that thought aside, I filed all the lost kingdom information Elena was able tell me away and focused on the news Akari had just informed me of the moment our two teams regrouped at the camp with John and Sylvie. It was a water downed version of Elena's own explanation but had the added bonus of a map to show our current location and where we want to go for our mission. Details were being worked out but from my understanding, because of the sheer difficulties of traversing through the swirling waves and the fact that the islands were under the control of the nearby adventure guild, we were going to have to be careful. Can't afford to run into any trouble.

"Ok listen up. First, we'll need a form of transportation. No way we're getting off these forsaken lands by swimming I'll tell you that"

We all stood around a small table set up in the middle of the camp, looking down at the map of the human realm as Akari began her briefing. Her finger pointing where the Hilnan Islands were before shifting ever so slightly on one of the Isles.

"Luckily for us the islands are frequently used for testing grounds for the adventure guild's rank up exams. They'll have a number of airships on standby near an outpost so they shouldn't be too difficult to steal for ourselves. At most we'll have to deal with a few high ranking adventures that probably picked up the MP of the formation of the gate but again, nothing too difficult"

She continued on with little regard of the possibility of having to kill our way to steal one of these airships and I couldn't help but frown slightly at that. If I can help it I rather not indiscriminately kill if there's no need. While I can do it if the situation calls for it, I'd rather find a different approach but...well, we'll see.

"Once we get our hands on a airship we'll be smooth sailing through the skies with ease. That is of course, if Oscar doesn't somehow crash the ship like last time"

"Oh come on, that was one time!!"

"Right~. One time for an airship. One time for that train incident"

"One time with that Griffin" -Sylvie

"One time with that magic car"- John

"Oh right, one time with that-"- Akari

"Alright already I get it!! I get it!! Geez, you made your point. I suck at driving. Happy?"

Everyone laughed and joked at the annoyed expression Oscar had which broke the tense but serious air that once hanged over the meeting. I myself was chuckling slightly at the display and allowed for the group to continue their teasing before getting back at the topic at hand.

"Alright alright let's back to business. We all can talk about Oscar's shitty driving later"

"Ughh, Not you too Chief"

A slight grin found its way onto my face before shifting my attention back to Akari with a nod for her to continue. She gave me an amuse look but otherwise said nothing as she brought everyone's attention back to the map to point out the route we were going to take.