“well I was looking to spend some time with my best friend but apparently she has other things to do”

I looked over her shoulder at the humans that to me looked like major pot heads.

“oh them there some new people I met at my after school club”

“and what after school club would that be” she frowned before muttering under her breath something that sounded to me like chess.

“oh my god did you just say chess”

“shut up I don’t want you insulting my new friends”

“seriously chess is for complete losers”

“have you ever played it” she put her hands on her hips with the attitude that she’d always had.

“actually no I haven’t but I wouldn’t be caught playing it either, so anyway where’s Beth and her cronies” she shrugged and sat on the grass, I glanced over at her friends that seemed to be now in a circle passing something what looked like a bong to one another , jeez I always thought chess kids were loners and geeks obviously not.

“she’s to busy keeping them away from me just in case you show up unexpected like you always seem to do”

“yeah I don’t really no your number”

“you don’t even have a phone Emma”

“ah that’s where your wrong” I pulled out the phone that used to be Toby’s out my pocket I knew it was top of the range before she snatched it off me explaining how expensive these phones were.

“oh my god you can totally bbm me now we can speak all the time now you have one of these even talk on face book” I grabbed the phone off her in shock really I never thought the phone was that good.

“show me how”

She spent the last hour or so trying to explain how the phone works and all the things it does I mean for a vampire I was thick which she reminded me about a dozen times.

I bbm’d her to make sure it worked when her light flashed red I clapped my hands like a school girl.

Just sitting with her felt right, and in just the hour and half id been here I didn’t feel vampire I felt human, I don’t know why but being round her I didn’t crave human blood which was weird for me.

I smiled kissing her on the side of the cheek she flinched back in shock , I didn’t blame her if I was her and a vampire come at me id flinch back to.

I plced my eye cold lips on her cheek and pulled back watching her body un tense.

“um Emma there’s something ive been meaning to ask you”

“yeah” I fiddled round with my phone listening to her nervous voice beside me.

“where did you get the phone”

I didn’t no how to answer that I mean I couldn’t say oh I stole it off a human who im now keeping locked in my bedroom as a pet.

“um it’s a long story,”

“you killed a person for it didn’t you”

“no its not like that”

“Emma how could you after all my gran told you about your sole” I hushed her to keep her voice down as she shouted the words at me , little did I no we were alone on the grassy hill , her friends must of left ages ago.

“I didn’t kill no one” I hissed at her my voice was cold I felt it and my eyes were going black why did she have to bring out my dark side we was fine just.