Chapter 6 - The Start of His Master Plan

(Cadian's POV)

"Regular classes in the morning, practical electives in the afternoon, dorm routines in the evening, and free time on the weekends. Just like every other school schedule alright."

It's been one week now since I started going to the academy, and if I were to sum things up with my objectives in mind, I would say that everything had been going smoothly. I couldn't ask for a better start objectively speaking. The schedules are perfect for me!

Regular subject classes? Please, I can breeze through any subject with soaring scores. Practical electives? Do I even need to with all my two lives' worth of training? Plus, dorm routines in the evening are basically a breeze if I use my magic to get the room chores done. 

It's perfect! High grades in the morning, spectacular performances in the afternoon, perfect conduct at night, and increasing my fame wouldn't be a problem! Of course, I have to keep up my listless fake personality to get some shape of a character.

"Heh, everything's set in stone now." I chuckle in the air, laying down on the grass somewhere behind the school's colosseum.

I go here every time I finish lunch in order to plan out my next set of moves. It has privacy so that no one can hear me, an elevated platform is also there so that I can spy on other students and instructors discreetly, and a single tree that gives shade and some grass under it for comfort.

To think that this new world would be so kind to me, I really am fated to become my ideal hero-

"What a nice little spot that you have found here~"

The moment I heard that voice speak out to me, the joyous feeling that I was filled with started vanishing to the wind. I know who that voice belonged to, and I really didn't look forward to facing whoever called me out. I look up and see a plastered smile on a face that I recognized so well.

"...found again." After having my sanctuary found out for the fourth time courtesy of her, I sighed. "Seriously, don't you have like other friends to bother with, Rose?"

"Am I not allowed to bother you?" She pouts, before sitting right next to my lying figure. "And besides, I also want some peacetime for myself. It's not easy getting flocked by our classmates every chance they get."

"Must be tough being so popular."

"Now now, I don't want to hear those words from you, Mr. Listless Prodigy."

Listless Prodigy, is that what they call me now? I don't really care about titles and all, but Listless Prodigy huh. I guess I'm not one to talk since I molded my exterior to act lackadaisical. And there's also the situation with Rose who's been getting way more fame as the awe-struck and talented Princess.

Others won't really notice this but, the more Rose gets famous, the more it benefits me in the end.

Now, why is that? If you have been paying attention, I've been deliberately trying my best to get her as close to me as possible. My wording, my attitude, my tone, I've been tweaking them all for the goal of making sure that I would get on good terms with her. For what purpose?

For manipulation of course.

I need Rose's influence as a princess of another kingdom to get me into a higher point of access in Midgar's affairs. To explain it better, I'll give an example in terms of authority. If I want to be able to be in the presence of the royal family and other nobles, I would need to have Rose as my card in order for me to have an audience with them. 

Once I do, I would have part of the kingdom under my control, making for even better displays of heroism without the backlash of the nobles and royals. Of course, if they heard about my name from the efforts that I'm putting into the academy, then that's even better.