Chapter 4 - The First Day

(Cadian's POV)

Even now, it still surprises me that time could fly this fast. When I finally realized it, it has been already a year since Claire left for the capital. And now, it was finally my turn to go to the academy there to study.

It was now time for me to accomplish what I'd set myself to do. And if you forgot what it was, it's about establishing the other side to the character of Light, the twisted hero. To balance the darkness that weighs on the justice that Light reigns down, an antithesis must be made to make the perfect identity that masks the dark persona embodied by Light. And in order to do that...

The persona of Cadian Kagenoh must be made known to the world. And the perfect opportunity to make my name flourish for the sake of creating the perfect identity balance to Light, is to attend the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy.

Joining the academy and raising my fame there is the quickest way to make myself known to the world, to make the image of a promising youngster blowing expectations across the roof... while having the secret persona of a cold ruthless justice-reigning hero underneath it all. It's the perfect identity balance! Perfect the hero that I'm aiming to mold myself into!

But to make sure that everything goes swimmingly, I need to have the perfect start to my school life. And that would mean that I don't need Shadow Garden's antics dragging me for a loop. I can't let the people there be suspicious of me, it could tarnish the image that I would be creating.

Not wanting that, before the day of my departure, I held a meeting with Shadow Garden.

...

..

.

(Third Person POV)

Heeding their master's orders, the free members of Shadow Garden gathered on the rooftops of the manor. After having some of their members spread across the world to gain more power and information, the only members who were present were Alpha, Beta, and Epsilon. Cadian asked Cid if he would like to come, but he refused because he wanted to train his Mob-Fu.

"Do whatever you want. You are the other leader of Shadow Garden after all." That was all Cid said.

And so, the three of the Seven Shades stood on the rooftops, all in the presence of their master, Light, who was on the highest point of the manor, having his silhouette become clear within the light of the moon.

"You called for us, Lord Light." Alpha knelt in accordance, and so did Epsilon and Beta. "What may we be of service?"

"Raise your head, and listen to what I have to say." He commanded. "As you know, I'll be leaving for the capital tomorrow to enter the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy."

"Yes, as per our requisites and roles, Epsilon will be close by in order to escort you the entire trip and set up a temporary base of-"

"Alpha, let me finish."

"I-I'm sorry Lord Light!" Alpha bowed apologetically.

"As I was saying, I'll be heading out tomorrow. But, I don't need Epsilon escorting me." He stated as they raise their heads in confusion. "In fact, I don't need Shadow Garden's involvement at all. So listen well, as your lord, I order this command. For the next year, do not get involved with me. Stay away from me, don't even be within ten meters of me, and don't you dare meddle in my affairs."

"Lord Light?!" Epsilon chimes. "I-I don't understand it at all! Why?! Do you not need us for your endeavors?!"

"Don't misunderstand me. I have something I need to do at the academy. And in order for me to accomplish it, I need not be involved with Shadow Garden. In simpler terms, I will be taking a temporary leave from Shadow Garden" Cadian closes his eyes. "I cannot tell you what I want to accomplish, nor can I tell you my reasons. But, what I want you to do is to trust me."