Chapter 7 - Cid's Dilemma

A/N: Now you may ask, why continue this book now? Well, I actually didn't drop this book. I was just waiting for the anime to release before I continue this book. And since it's already been released, I decided to continue it as well! To gain more context of the story, you might as well watch the anime, read the manga, or read the light novel. But other than that, I hope you have a good read!

(Cid's POV)

An eminence in shadow works in the background, that is why he shall look like a background character, not standing out for a reason. I molded my character not to stand out at all. I spent years even before my reincarnation acting like a mob character. And now, as I see the huge building of the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy, I will use all the skills that I have learned to hide my true power and identity using the persona fitting of a true mob.

And not stand out at all. But...

"I thought I told you to not meet me here..." I panned, seeing Cadian right in front of me attracting the attention of everyone around us. "I don't want to be noticed by everyone!"

It has been a year since I last saw him, and the only medium we kept in touch with me is through the letters he sends every month. He told me his plans of making himself known throughout the kingdom, and oh boy did he make himself known. Everyone was staring at my brother, knowing who he was. Saying that he has a lot of fans is an understatement, who knows how many people know him? Even his connections to various people are impressive considering he did all the work himself.

He may have completed his current agenda, but that doesn't mean he can spoil my own! This attention is making people look at me! This is not what it meant to be a background character!

"I can't help it, being part of the council means that I have to greet every first year on the first day." He sighed in annoyance. "If I don't do my job, Rose will kill me." He looked over to our side, and so did I, seeing a woman close to his age with long hair and spirals.

Oriana Rose, Student Council President, second strongest second year. I don't really care about musing with her. After all, she is Cadian's tool. I have no need for her in my goals.

"Don't worry, this will be the only day I will meet you here. I won't interfere with your plans." He made his voice quiet. "We'll exchange letters to discuss our plans and movements, and only meet when it is necessary."

"I see." I hummed. "You should probably see the girls. They've been finicky lately after not seeing you for all this time."

"As much I want to, I can't. Council job is taking up my free time." I can see his aggravated face. "I'll meet them when I can make some time, but for now, I'll leave you to your own devices. If you need anything, send me letter-"

"Good morning Cadian!"

"Look look! It's the Listless Prodigy himself!"

"He's looking at us! Oh man, his gaze is making me nervous!"

His popularity really skyrocketed as comments start to surround him. He waves them off, keeping up his image.

"Can I leave now?" I bummed.

"Yes, I'll head back to-"

"So you must be Cid!" A voice popped up near us, and I looked toward the voice and see Rose Oriana. "Nice to meet you! Cadian told me a lot about you."

"N-Nice to meet you too!" I acted like a mob and awkwardly shook hands with her, displaying my flawless NPC-like behavior. "Sorry to disturb your work, I'll get going now!" And with that, I skedaddle.