𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒 | 35 The Kill

Later that night Zaria found it hard to sleep. Maria wouldn't stop scratching at her walls whispering run and stay away. Ria didn't understand the deal with her. She was supposed to be the side of her that was never scared of a thing but here she was crying and whispering things Zaria never heard from her.

"Peach, ya need sleep...."

"I can't she won't let me. Maria is telling me to run to get the babies and you and run. I never heard her scared before Trev. Something isn't right about Simon. Why did it just come back to her with the picture than seeing him face to face?" She sighed finally sitting on the bed beside Trevor watching as Ava stirred in the bed behind them and Tristan sleep in his crib.

"Maybe because ya mind had locked her away then. Obviously, you're scared too that is why you unlocked her thinking she could help. Simon is only one person Darling, and we have a small army on the ranch." He said reaching under the bed and pulling out a shotgun.

"If it makes ya feel safe I hav him resting right here. He's fully loaded and...." He said getting up and walking over to the closet pulling out about three more shotguns and four handguns with a smile.

"Trevor, do you supposed to have all of those guns?"

"What Cole doesn't know won't hurt the fella. Plus, I lived in this house for years alone. A man has to have protection. You know how to shoot one of these babies right?" Zaria smiled and nodded. She loved how Trevor knew just what to do to make her feel safe. "Good just don't shoot me or one of the others y'hear and we're good."

"Yeah I hear you, but I'm still scared, Babe. He wants you dead and Maria is scared... I can't do this without the two of you...."

"Hush ya mouth Zaria. Listen to me Darling you do not need Maria to be strong. Peach you are that by yourself. Baby, you are the strongest gal I know... please... please stop doubting yourself Babydoll. Nothing is gonna happen to ya because I'm not going to let it. Y'hear me?" Ria nodded as Trevor kissed her forehead.

"Now go lay ya sexy ass down and sleep My Darling Peach." He smiled pulling her over to the bed. Quickly she laid down as he got Tristan from his bed and laid the baby on his mother's chest while Trevor pulled Ria and Ava into his arms.

A strange noise woke Detective Miles from his slumber

A strange noise woke Detective Miles from his slumber. Something wasn't right and he could feel it looking around the darkroom, which was a little too dark. During the month of being at the Roberts' residence, Miles has never woken to it being this dark. Quickly he shot up feeling for his gun and flashlight as he made his way over to the window to look out. The whole ranch was dark, and he could barely see the house from where he stood.

Without thinking the man quickly grabbed his pants, shirt, and his shoes slipping them on and running for the door. "What's going on?" The short woman named Daisy that he was staying with asked.

"Don't know I'm hoping it's just a power outage. Get your baby, go back to your room, and locked the door. Do not let anyone inside unless it is one of us. Do you understand?"