𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 | 11

"What are we doing again?" Zaria asked, looking over at Trevor as they drove into town. He kept her locked up in the house all the fucking time, but for good reasons. This was the first time Ria has been away from the farm since she came. Right now, they were on the way to Dallas, and all Zaria knew they were going shopping or something which she cared nothing about.

"You ask too many damn questions, Ria. I told ya ass we were going into the city for a bit. I got some business to handle, and I thought it would be good to get you out of the house for a bit. Is that there a crime, Darling?"

"Well, no, but what if she comes back?"

"She won't," Trevor said, making Ria look over to him. He slowly reached over, touching her hand. For the first time, she didn't jerk away. Instead, Zaria flipped her hand over, rubbing his with a little smile.

"I like that. You should smile more often."

"Whatever you say... How do you know she won't come back?"

"Darling, you have me. Instead of listening to her, listen to me." Trevor said, lifting her hand to his mouth, kissing it. That did make her pulling away as he burnt her. Trev smiled to himself as he watched her rubbing that same hand looking from it to him. Something was different about Zaria, yeah; she was crazy, but, in a way, she was innocent as well.

"While we're out, how bout we find a ring for your finger?"

"Why?"

"Darling, if we want people to think we are married. Don't ya think we should play the part?" He said as Ria nodded slowly.

.

.

.

'You're getting too fucking depended on him.'

"Zaria, look at me!" Trevor said, making her eye shoot to him. Ria didn't even notice that his hands were cupping her face until his thumb brushed down her jawline.

"Don't listen to her. You are stronger than that. Okay?" He said, making her stare. 'RIA, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!' The voice yelled as she closed her eyes. Trevor's gentle strokes of his thumbs were calming her thoughts. It made it easy to push the voice to the back of her head.

"Is that was you brought me to Dallas to do? Look for fucking rings?"

"No, Darling. I got some business to take care of. Let just say word got out that I married under wraps and was whoring around on my wife."

"YOU'RE USING ME!"

"None of that either, Sugar Plum. I'm helping you. No one ever since us together, so if ya want the suspicions to disappear about you being the Cleveland City's Serial Killer. We need to make sure people see us as a married couple. Rings, kissing and being all lovely dovely type shit. I care not of what these assholes say about me in Texas," Trevor said with Zaria finally pulling away from his hold.

Today he knew not to lock her in the truck. Instead, he brought her into the larger building and into the conference room he was having the meeting in. Trev and the other men talked about the best ways he could produce more products to make them and him richer. The thing was, Trevor was against all of their thoughts. They wanted to use GMOs when he was all about natural and organic.

"I don't see why you all are arguing. Trevor is right organic is the best way to go. We use the vegetables from our garden to make our baby girl's food, and he loves to make our dog's food as well. Both are healthier than most babies or animals and have a lot more energy. Take it from me before meeting Trevor, I was in and out of the grocery store buying meat and vegetables produced with GMO's, and it made me feel more sluggish but eating organic makes a difference. The way to make more money off of it is to advertise more show what organic can do for the people." Zaria said, never looking up from her phone. She could feel everyone's eyes on her, including Trevor's.