𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟 | 34

"Darling are you sure you're okay after the other day. It doesn't sit well wit me that ya won't share wit me of why you fainted y'know." Trevor said rubbing Zaria's back as she sat on the edge of the bed. She knew he wanted to know what happened, but she was still processing the information herself.

"I told you everything was fine Trev. I know you are worried about me but I'm good. I just don't want to talk about it." Ria said as Trevor nodded pulling her to his chest.

"Peach, I wish you wouldn't have told Miles about yourself. I fear that he is going to use the information against ya. It's sumthing about that man then again it just maybe my worrying."

"I know but he knew so much already Trev. I was scared of what he could have done if I didn't tell him. So, I took that chance. He could have locked me up right then, but he choose not to. That has the mean something... doesn't it?" Trevor sighed wanting to reassure her, but something was telling him to watch Miles.

"You're upset with me?"

"No, Darling. That'll never be, but I wouldn't quite say I trust the detective. I know it will be a cold day in hell before I let him take ya in. Miles doesn't understand ya like we do. The only thing that man sees is a murderer and nothing else. I see my lover, wife, and the mother of my children. Hell, my whole world and he's not gonna take ya from me." Ria nodded rubbing her head as Trevor watched. He noticed that she only did it when Maria was bothering her and was sure that was the issue now.

"Peach maybe you should think of the wedding... Maria is screaming in the back of ya head. Isn't she?"

"Not scream but she is worried. Maria never showed fear but for some reason, she has been bickering since I saw that picture of Simon. Saying things like run don't let him close to us. I don't know Babe, but I know that she is scared of this man." She said.

"Ya seen what she saw didn't ya? The reason you fainted Peach." Zaria sighed shaking her head as she looked down at her feet. "Y'know you can talk to me. Darling, I won't judge ya. I could never judge ya."

"I think I was meant to be one of his kills. It's a faint memory but I remember him following me one night. I was scared and Maria told me she would take over to protect us. I let her so most of it was a blur. At the time I was living in an apartment on my own in New Haven...."

"Smart cookie huh? Yale really Zaria." He said making her smile.

"I dropped out because I wanted to take forensic and ended up going to the University of New Haven. Anyway, followed me home. I really don't remember anything else besides waking up next to my dead neighbor half-dressed. I thought I had blacked out and killed her, so I packed all my little shit, which was nothing. The only thing I had in the apartment was clothes and a blowup mattress I slept on. I panicked and ran. I didn't even realize I was stabbed until I passed out and woke up again in the hospital. I would have died from blood loss if no one would have found me... I remember nothing and they couldn't tie me to the scene of the crime so they let me go. Trevor, I think he followed me back to Cleveland." Trevor nodded and sighed.

"He wanted to kill ya but found out your secret. You were just like him... well Maria was just like him. Simon fell in love wit ya. Did... did he y'know?"

"That I can't answer, and she isn't talking. The only thing I'm getting from Maria is whispers of stay away from him every now and again. I thought I was dangerous, but I think he is worse. Then I'm scared thinking about Miles now. I think once this is over he is going to put cuffs on me soon as Simon is captured."

"That'll be a cold day in hell. Let's not worry bout that darling we need to find a way to protect you from this fuckin' monster."