The good kind of weird (Glory X reader)

Start from the beginning

Deathbringer was on Glory's platform. He immediately tensed up as he spotted (S/n). He shot towards the SilkWing and knocked him out of the air. Red shot through Glory's scales. She quickly went after Deathbringer to stop him from hurting her new friend. After she got him to stop, Deathbringer was in complete shock.

" But, your highness, you were being followed by a stranger. And a really weird one if that! ", Deathbringer shouted.
A hurt expression appeared on (S/n)'s (s/c) face. He's never been called weird before. Especially in this context. Glory spotted this change in expression and got even more mad at her NightWing bodyguard.
" But Deathbringer, I brought him here. Plus, don't call him weird! He's not the bad kind of weird, he's the good kind, like Sunny is. What if you appeared on a new continent and someone immediately attacked you? Think of being in his talons! ", She spat at Murderbasket, baring her fangs at him.
Deathbringer sighed deeply and shook his head.
" Your right, my queen. My apologies, Glory's... um... friend. ", He apologized, bowing to them both.
Then, he flew off with a hint of dignity that shed of his dark scales.

Glory then turned to (S/n). She had a slight concerned look in her blue-green eyes.
" Are you alright? ", She asked him.
" Yeah, I'm fine. A bit bashed up, but it's at least better than being jabbed with HiveWing venom. ", He confirmed, laughing awkwardly at the end.
Glory rolled her eyes and shook her head with a small smile on her face.
" Well, anyways, come on. Let's go before we have another interruption. ", Glory suggested.
(S/n) nodded.
" Alright, yeah. ", He agreed.

- Timeskip -

It's been about two entire weeks since (S/n) had first arrived in Pyrrhia. Glory has gotten quite attached to the (s/c) SilkWing as well. She's quite protective of him, especially when other dragons hurt (S/n) by insults. Glory makes sure they knew they did wrong.

(S/n) sleeps in a hammock built just for him in Glory's hut. It's quite soft and sturdy at the same time. (S/n) really likes it in the Rainforest. Plenty of fruit to eat and try. He would say at he's even thriving there. He would accurately say that the rainforest was 100 times better than Pantala, especially due to not being oppressed as a second class citizen by Queen Wasp.

Also, (S/n) had gotten close to Glory as well. He liked the feeling of being protected instead of always being vulnerable. He wanted to tell Glory his feelings, so he had invited her out to a certain and secluded place in the rainforest. He is currently waiting patiently for the RainWing queen to arrive. A nervous red blush was stained across his (s/c) cheeks. The SilkWing was almost vibrating in place, due to how nervous he was.

' Okay, okay, (S/n). You've got this. You love her and you gotta tell her. You've already asked her here. Now, you gotta say it. You can't back down now. I'm a brave boy. I'm definitely a brave SilkWing. And a brave boy would tell the girl of his dreams how he feels, without being a creep, of course. That would be gross. But no, I'm not a creep. I'm sure she likes me too. Well, I really really hope she does. No, no, I'm just gonna say she does. I'm gonna chicken out if I don't. So, she definitely likes me and I just gotta make the first move. Yea, that's it. I'm brave. I can do this. I gotta go this. I have to shoot my shot. I just have to. I can't cower away. Just pretend it's like standing up to Queen Wasp. But like in a different way. Same bravery but different situation, yea. Maybe, if we actually get together, Glory would give me superpowers and when I get back to Pantala, I can punch that jerk HiveWing queen in the face. Ha! Ha! Take that Queen Wasp! But, anyway, I'm getting over myself. Breathe, be in the present moment. Glory, me, love. Yes, I'm doing this. I'm definitely doing this, no matter what I tell myself. ', (S/n)'s mind rambled as he waited.

Suddenly, a rustling of bushes caught (S/n)'s attention. His (s/c) ears opened and his flicked his antennae towards the sound. His (e/c) eyes widened as he saw his crush walk through the bushes towards him. A smile rose upon his face and his stomach felt light as she approached him.

" Hi. ", (S/n) greeted, shakily waving his talon to her.
" Greetings. So, why'd you ask me to come here? ", Glory asked.
" Um.... well... I... uh... ", (S/n) mumbled.
(S/n)'s (e/c) eyes landed on a branch that had many leaves on it. He quickly flicked all the leaves with his (s/c) tail. Fireflies went everywhere, brightening the dark space up. Glory gasped and then smirked at the SilkWing.
" I.. um... wanted to tell you that.... uhhh.... ", (S/n) tried to speak, not meeting Glory's eyes.

He gasped as Glory brought his chin up with one of her talons. She gave him a peck on the cheek, causing (S/n)'s face to explode in bright crimson.
" You don't have to tell me. I like you too. You big dork. ", She teasingly confessed.
(S/n) got really excited and cheered as he heard Glory's confession. Glory sighed as she watched him celebrate.
" We're together! WOOOOO! ", (S/n) shouted.
Glory snickered at how happy (S/n) was.
' Yep, he sure is my pretty dork. ', Glory thought to herself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Smacks you with a shy and nervous SilkWing reader *

But anyway, I hope you enjoy this oneshot :)

Published: May 7th, 2022