Buster bunny #1

Requested by @Itz_Wolfie2580, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it. Also this is my first time writing for a tiny toons character so please tell me i got this right.

"Wow!" Chuckled the blue rabbit. "It feels amazing to finish another great episode" He smiled contentedly as he wiped the sweat from his brow and left the cameras behind.

"I'll say! You were so good on this episode! I laughed WAY harder than i should've" You giggled and approached him, secretly fangirling. "Oh, and heres your carrot juice" You smiled and offered him his refreshments.

"Thanks, (y/n)" He grinned at you and you went weak inside. You got a summer job working on this show as assistant, only to the STAR, Buster bunny! You had to admit, you did have a crush on him for a long time but you tried not to let it show.

"Thank you!" He smiled and greedily slurped his drink and his muzzle was now stained orange which made you laugh a bit.

"What's so funny?" He asked and looked around as if to see a bunch of clowns tumbling down stairs and landing face first into cream pies or something.

"You" You smiled.

"Well, i do like to think of myself as something of a comedy genius" He joked.

"You're great, you may even be equal to your mentor" You really meant when you said this and boy, was this a compliment.

He looked a bit taken aback when he said this. "You...think i'm as funny as...?"

"Mmhhm" You nodded your head.

"Gee, thank you, no one's ever said anything that nice to me before" He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and blushed but quickly got a hold of himself. "Awww, you're a great friend, (y/n), seeing you smile when filming really helps me, you know, seeing how you believe in me" He confessed.

You froze up as you really didn't know how to respond as you were just so touched at this, but you didn't need to respond as your conversation was suddenly cut short by someone else wanting to join in.

"Buster! Buster!" It was his co-star, Babs, obviously thrilled and excited as you could see. "There you are! This has to be one of the best episodes ever!" She giggled and span around with joy. "Oh, hey, (y/n)" She smiled as she greeted you and was friendly but you just really didn't want to talk right now.

"Oh, uh, hi, uh i think my shift just ended, bye!" You made a quick excuse to leave and you waved as you rushed off. Babs stared at you for a moment as she thought you were acting funny as of recent but quickly forgot all about it as she started talking to Buster.

You were annoyed and disappointed that this happened and you felt even more so as you heard them laughing and joking together. it's not that you hated Babs, no, she had never given you any reason to, it's just that you were envious of what she had with Buster. They were happy together and seemed like the perfect couple, which made you feel even worse about the way that you felt but you couldn't help it.

"(Y/n), mon ami!" You heard a voice calling you and you recognised it to be your friend, Fifi's.

"Sup?" You smiled at her as she made her way over to you and started chatting about her day although you already saw her when filming. You listened intently to her over lunch as she poured out tales of her and how she yet again failed in pursuit of another boyfriend and you looked disturbed as you thought that could end up like her in the hopeless game of love.

"Something ze matter?" She questioned as she looked at your half eaten food.

"N-no" You started sweating bullets. "i just uh, have to go do another thing" You cringed as you made up another lame excuse to be excused. You took off like lightning as you had to find Buster. You had to tell him, even if it meant preparing for disappointment cos you just couldn't live like this anymore. You searched and you eventually found him leaving the studio after the others had left.

"Buster!" You called over to him as you approached him, still wondering how you were gonna do this.

"Hi, (y/n)!" He beamed widely. "I wanted to talk to you about something but you ran off before i got the chance"

"What was it?" You asked in confusion. "Do you need another carrot juice?"

"No, i'm still hydrated and refreshed from that last one. I just wanted to ask you, well, you know how there's the school prom on this weekend?"

You gaped at him with your mouth hanging open and wide eyes like a goldfish until you realised you were kinda looking like a dork and shut your mouth. "But i thought you were going with Babs?!?!?" You practically screamed at him.

"No, what made you thi-ah, no, Babs and i are just friends! Very good friends at that but still just friends and i wanna go with you, that is if you'll go?" He looked at you with starry eyes.

"Well yeah" You blurted. "But i was certain you two were together"

"We do make a really good ship, granted, but i've liked you for a while, (y/n), and when i told Babs she told me to go for it! So whaddya say?" He winked and nudged you.

"I would love to!" In a moment, all the jealousy you felt towards her was gone and you could only feel thankfulness toward the pink bunny.

"I'll know when to pick you up" He said as he slipped you a bit of paper before leaving. "Call me!"