Funky Kind of Night

^Barricade's Holoform.... :)

Kat POV

Well, I barely made it home after dark. I sat in my truck for a second, and then headed inside. Most of them should be asleep, or at least I would hope so. I could hear the sound of the TV in the garage, Barricade was watching one of my movies again. I'm surprised that he even liked any of them. He always seemed to find a way to curse the creations of humans. But for some reason he really likes documentaries and romance movies. It's kind of funny, really. I look over to the couch to see a few of the mini-cons sprawled out on the couch. I chuckled a small bit. I noticed a hot cup of something on the counter. It had most likely been brewed only a few minutes ago, the smell was that of hot chocolate. I tilted my head in confusion, had the mini-cons asked Bunny or Barricade for thesis info. Or maybe even Soundwave. Because Bunny is too small to do this. Then again Barricade did say he had a holoform, but could he use it to make this. I shrugged and just decided to enjoy the hot chocolate that was made. I went to walk towards it, but I felt my body drag me down. Why do I feel so heavy? My legs then give out right under me, my head is spinning and I'm barely able to catch myself before my whole body hits the floor. I hear the sound of the garage door open and the sound of footsteps before I finally black out.

"Kat, kat," I hear a voice call my name. It sounds so familiar, but why does it sound so far away?

"KAT!," I hear the voice yell as I feel my body being shaken. I quickly open my eyes and feel my body take a breath. I come face to face with a man I don't recognize and freeze. I quickly back away from the man and he doesn't seem to grab for me but does look at me with worry.

"Kat, are you okay? You just collapsed out of nowhere and you weren't responding at all," the man says to me. His voice sounds so familiar, but nothing seems to click.... Wait..

"Barricade?," I ask. He looks at me with worry but then chuckles a small bit.

"Yeah, it's me, Barricade," he said with what seemed to be a relieved smile. I looked at him in shock. I knew about his holoform, but I had never seen it before. I relaxed a small bit.

"How long was I out?," I asked. He looked over to the stove top clock and seemed to calculate.

"About an hour," He said as he turned back to me, "what were you doing that made you pass out again?"

I chuckle a small bit, "I was just reaching to grab the cup of hot chocolate. Then my body felt heavy, and my legs gave out. And then you came running towards me as the rest of me hit the floor." Remembering the rushed footsteps that I had heard before I had completely blacked out. I started to balance myself and slowly stand up. Barricade took notice and got up before me and walked over to help. He held a hand out and I took it and he helped me stand up.

I looked over to the clock to see 2:00 am, "oh, it is best that I head to bed," I commented, as I continued to try and balance myself. Barricade nodded and then started to guide me to my bedroom and then to my bed. I laid my head down and watched as Barricade's holoform take its leave.

"Good night, Barricade," I whispered.

"Good night, Kat," I heard him answer back. And my world faded to black once more, only this time at the will of my own.