Chapter Fifty-Eight

MISSCOMUNICATION

Cramps had never really been a problem to Anne before, and she was grateful for that as she watched Lily complain and whiter away in bed out of pain. She knew it was usually genetic, so she was very glad that she got that from Mia's side of the family since the woman was a rock and barely ever felt pain, even in her worst days of periods, according to the woman herself.

"Lily, I can just go and get you a potion," Marlene said.

"No!" Lily answered.

"There's no reason to be ashamed of having your period. It's normal and expected; it's better to have it then skipping it like I do," Anne said.

The two turned to her.

"Skip it?" Marlene asked.

Lily groaned as she sat in bed.

"What do you mean by 'skip it'?" she asked.

Anne shrugged.

"My periods were never all that regular. There are months I skip them and there are months I have my period twice; it happens since I skip a lot of meals and all that, I guess it's a family thing or something, Mia said that Monty's sister had the same when she was younger; it happens sometimes in some wizarding families because of the less than fertile womb or something like that. Mia herself has that, was never too right with the dates of her periods, that's why it was so hard to conceive when he was a newly-wed," Anne admitted. "I skipped my period this month, I've been waiting for it for at least a week at this point."

"And nothing?" Marlene asked. "You're so lucky!"

"This is where we disagree. Between having it and skipping it and making me scared shitless, I rather just have it like a normal person, 'Lene, thanks," Anne said, rolling her eyes. "It makes me feel so bloated and all that, I hate it. I just want it to get out of me as soon as possible."

Lily looked slightly worried as she pushed herself to sit down in bed with a groan.

"It's not normal to skip periods, Anne," Lily said, scrunching her eyebrows. "Wizarding blood or not, you should try and see a healer or a doctor about it. I know an obyg that's wonderful that has been taking care of me and my sister ever since were thirteen."

Anne shrugged, resting her back against the headboard.

"It's always been like that. My aunt said that it wasn't important enough to take me to a doctor, so it mustn't be, right? It's just a period, it's not like I'm dying or something," Anne sighed. "Though, I have to admit, I never skipped two months at once, so I'm starting to worry here."

"Two months!" Marlene said. "Anne!" she sounded like she was ready to scold the girl.

"What?!" Anne said, taken aback by their reaction.

"It could be a health problem. You should've said something!" Marlene said.

"You could be sick!" Lily agreed.

"I'm not sick, though," Anne said. "I just have a headache or so sometimes, nothing more than that. It's nothing important, really."

Lily shook her head, clearly disagreeing with what her friend was saying. She had heard of people that would skip periods and would end up having tumours or being pregnant without even knowing. The lives of those women were completely ruined no matter the outcome, she had watched it. As a student there's very little she could do for her, there was no way she could just find a way to find tumours, she had never been very interested in healing magic other than physical, but shallow wounds – as a woman, however, she had a small thing that could help.