Chapter Forty-Seven

UNFORTUNATELY, I'M STARTING TO WORK TOMORROW AND I'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH CHILDREN, WHICH... EW... BUT IT'S THE JOB I FOUND, THEREFORE THE JOB I'LL HAVE UNTIL I CAN FIND SOMETHING ELSE. BUT THAT ALSO MEANS THAT MY UPTADES ARE GOING TO SLOW DOWN (I WISH I COULD GET PAID TO WRITE, MAYBE I'D BE HAPPY THEN). ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

LILY EVANS AND JAMES POTTER

"I'm giving up Arithmancy, that's it," Marlene announced as the three girls walked into the dorms.

Anne glanced at as she walked towards her bed, throwing her bag to the side and jumping on her bed, trying to get her skirt out of the way as she took her shoes off and lied down there, taking a deep, exhausted breath.

"We didn't have that class today," Lily said. "Why are we even talking about it?"

"Because I want to throw the book on the fireplace," Marlene said.

"However much I agree with you, I don't think that's possible. Seventh-year, you can't let go classes anymore. Last year was your last chance," Anne said. She pulled her hair out of the ponytail, letting it fall on her pillow. "Now you need to just hold on for the rest of the year."

"It's easy for you to say," Marlene complained. "You're good at it."

"I work hard at it," Anne corrected.

"This is why I don't even try that class," Lily said, sitting down on her own bed, untying her shoes and kicking it away. "Now, Divination, however, is kicking my arse. Peter has been helping me, but still it quite makes me annoyed that he's so good at it and I can't see anything."

"Peter?" Anne asked.

"He's amazing in Divination," Marlene said, agreeing with Lily. "He saw my mother falling down the stairs three days before she did. Oh, and he did say I was going to have a baby brother when I was on the third year when the Muggle doctors said it was going to be a girl, but he was right."

"That's nice," Anne said, closing her eyes for a moment.

She was so tired and her head was starting to get an annoying pain right in between her eyes, but she wasn't all that understanding why. She wasn't stressed and she had slept surprisingly well that night. Maybe it was the stress of how quiet Dumbledore seemed to have gone since their small argument – he had to yet send her a way into the vaults, which told her that he wasn't willing to help her any time soon, so Anne had tried to think of a way in herself.

Her mind was working so hard all the time that Anne was feeling tired.

"Do you not like Peter?" Marlene asked.

Anne opened her eyes, elbows supporting her so she could look at the blonde.

"I don't dislike him," she said.

The fact that she didn't like him either was obvious by the silence in the room.

The girls couldn't understand how Anne mind worked for that, much like the boys couldn't do that either. Peter seemed to have noticed that now the boys were slightly pulled back from him and he found refuge on staying on his own, which caused Anne to feel slightly guilty, but she had too much to do to care about a teenage boy's feelings at the moment. Still, she made sure to make Severus, Regulus and even made sure to put a seed of doubt into Narcissa's mind. If any of them had the slight suspicion that Peter was involved in all that, then Anne would know about it quicker than he could transform himself into a rat.