FORTY - EIGHT

AAAAA i luv joon but i am so excited for jk arc

_____________________

JUNGKOOK

Click

"So how was your break?" I ask with focus on the Joy I saw through my camera, the shutter moving with each picture I took of her. We had been walking and stopping around campus, pausing at certain points for another picture.

"Turn your head a bit." I suggest, and Joy shifts to the right.

The camera made its shuttering sound and Joy ran over, ducking over my arm to sneak a look at her picture.

I could smell her perfume, a rich yet light aroma, soothing my nerves and making me forget about the worries I had. It helped me avert my focus to just us.

For right now, it was just us.

"Break was good. The family dinner was big as usual with other...bigger things happening that night."

That's when I was forced to remember the events over the break: Namjoon coming to me half-drunk before I confessed to him that I liked his ex-girlfriend.

Ouch.

I let the camera lay against my chest once again.

"Hey I wanted to see the pictures," Joy protested.

I came back to reality and smile at her. "I'll edit and upload them then send the files to you."

She beamed. "Awesome! I hope I wasn't stiff; I haven't modeled in years."

"Since when were you a model, too?"

"Oh," she snorted, "I was just a kid model."

"Wow," Jungkook paused, "That's still pretty awesome. What else did you get to do growing up?"

"Hm," Joy began to walk in the direction of her dorm and I quickly began to follow her. We hadn't strayed too far away from the living quarters. "I took basketball for a time, but quickly realized I was not a sports person. Thank God I learned that early. I have a yellow belt in karate, and I used to take ballet."

I scoffed. "Suddenly taking pictures seems like such a minimal, boring hobby."

Joy laughed. "Not if you're great at it, and you are." She looked at me with a spark of admiration in her eyes. It might have been for my work, but I made it so that it was for me. We both paused, and I held onto her gaze for a moment before looking away.

She just got broken up with, Jungkook. Chill out.

"So, what did you do growing up, nerd?"

I shrugged. "Not much compared to you, brat."

"You know, I wouldn't say brat is such a fitting name for me anymore." She side-eyed me.

"Others would argue." I smiled then continued. "I just attended parties when I was told to, did my schoolwork, and took pictures."