You're right, improvement sucks

"Where exactly are we, Doll?" Bucky asked as they stepped out of the borrowed car, Lana locking it behind them.

"Our new office. They're delivering the desks today so I need to be there to sign for them," she explained, looking at the red brick building in front of them before stepping to the entrance, unlocking it with a key she'd gotten from the realtor. Turning on the light switch next to the door, a few bare bulbs blinked before turning on, illuminating (however poorly) the large, open space. The only thing that broke the room's emptiness was the occasional supporting columns carrying the beams.

"This kind of looks like somewhere I've seen before," Bucky pondered out loud, looking around them at the dirty 'office'.

"Really? Where?" Lana asked curiously, pulling off her bag and placing it on the dusty floor.

"A horror movie," Bucky replied flatly, making Lana snort at his attempt of a joke.

"Don't worry, I'm planning on cleaning it," she assured him.

"You're gonna clean this?" Bucky asked in disbelief, looking around them again.

"Yes, we are," Lana confirmed; "I have buckets and everything in the car, so today we'll be cleaning and getting it ready, because tomorrow, this becomes the official office of Mateo Security Systems."

Lana had spent what felt like a good couple of hours vacuuming before giving up, deciding that the amount of debris left on the floor was actually the exact amount she'd strived for.

"We need to buy a Roomba," she sighed, leaving the vacuum cleaner she'd borrowed from the tower stranded.

"Why?"

"So I don't get lonely. I thought it could be a sort of mascot," Lana told sarcastically; "So it can vacuum, obviously."

"Oh, it's a vacuum cleaner," Bucky realised, making Lana laugh slightly.

"It's a vacuum cleaner, but it's automatic. It has a little station plugged into the wall, then you make a schedule for it and when it's time to clean it does so and then it drives back to its little charging spot," Lana explained it, grabbing one of the water bottles from her bag and tossing it to Bucky, who elegantly caught it.

"That's amazing," Bucky admitted, twisting the lid off the water bottle.

"And, they're adorable. But we probably need to hire someone to clean regularly," Lana admitted, grabbing a water for herself.

"I thought it was a vacuum cleaner?" Bucky asked confused.

"It is," Lana told.

"A vacuum cleaner can't be adorable," Bucky argued, and Lana was just about to initiate an argument when she heard the beeping of a reversing truck, excitedly running to the door and opening it in time to see the two men getting out of the vehicle.

"Mateo Security Systems?" one of them asked her, slamming the door behind him and shielding his eyes from the sun.

"Exactly," she agreed, opening both doors to ease their jobs. The one who'd confirmed they were at the right place went up to her with a clipboard, quickly explaining where she needed to sign while the other opened the back of the truck, revealing the fully loaded space, every piece of furniture positioned to save as much space as possible and wrapped in a protective layer of wrap so it wouldn't get scratched on the drive here.

With a few instructions, they began unloading, the room slowly appearing more and more like somewhere you wouldn't kill someone. Bucky stood next to a square column, his arms crossed and carefully eyeing the newcomers, not happy about the fact that Lana hadn't asked for any ID but just accepted their shirts with logos as enough.