I'm on your side, Barnes

"You must be happy," Natasha commented, placing herself next to Bucky. He looked at her, not even bothering to voice his question. He had moved to leave the living room at the same time as Tony, but refrained from doing so when he noticed who stayed behind, and was instead leaning against the doorframe to the living room with his shoulder, observing Lana, Thor and Loki converse.

"That she went to get Loki," she explained, thinking about what she knew Bucky had feared earlier.

"Yes. I love that they're friends," Bucky agreed quietly, Natasha smirking slightly at the humourless attempt at sarcasm.

"I'm not sure they are, Barnes, she's just being nice to him," she told, looking at him to see his reaction.

"She's wearing the ring. In fact, she hasn't taken it off," Bucky told, finally turning to face Natasha.

"So? I'm wearing a dress that I bought at a boutique in Paris, doesn't mean I'm in love with the place. Granted, it did have some pretty nice crown mouldings, but-"

"She's standing up," Bucky whispered, tensing as he watched her and Thor stand. She spoke a few words to him, ending the conversation in a smile before turning around with Thor.

"Hey, guys. We're going to go back down to the party, you coming?" Lana asked cheerily, stopping in front of them. Bucky bit the inside of her cheek, glancing his eyes over her slightly faltering smile.

"We'll be right down," Natasha told, rolling her eyes to Lana and nodding discreetly towards Bucky. Lana agreed with a shrug, passing the two with Thor close behind her, the two quickly disappearing.

"They forgot Lana's husband," Bucky stated unhappily, looking at Loki. Still sitting on the couch, Loki conjured a book from somewhere unknown, immediately flipping to a certain page and begin reading.

"It's just a ring, Barnes. Besides, he's staying here. Didn't you pay attention to Cap's orders?" she asked curiously. Bucky frowned even deeper, keeping his eyes set on the newcomer.

"C'mon, let's go get drunk," Natasha suggested, grabbing hold of Bucky's arm.

"I can't get drunk," Bucky muttered unhappily.

"Okay, well, you can sulk by the bar so I at least can be drunk. Come on," she ordered, pulling him with her towards the elevator.

"They're dancing," Bucky informed Natasha, keeping his eyes on the moving body of Lana, her black dress allowing him to see every small movement.

"Yes, they're at a party. Drink," she ordered, handing him a short-edged glass. With his eyes still fixated on Lana he grabbed it, taking a small sip. He frowned his eyebrows as he looked at Natasha and sniffed the drink.

"What is this?" he asked suspiciously, his attention suddenly on Natasha.

"It's a drink, Barnes. Now drink it," she ordered. Bucky lowered the glass, looking at her with narrowed eyes. Natasha rolled her eyes and laughed slightly.

"It's from Asgard. I heard Thor offer it to Steve, supposedly it can get even you drunk," she told; "I thought you might need a drink after everything, so I borrowed the flask."

"You're a good friend, Romanoff," Bucky told honestly, bringing the glass to his lips again.

"So... How drunk do I have to get you to admit you like Lana?" she asked, looking at him curiously.

"I definitely don't like her," Bucky told grimly, sipping from his glass.

"Well..." Natasha decided, smiling slightly; "Good thing I kept the flask."