Don't crash the plane

"How much can you narrow it down for us, Bruce?" Tony questioned through his earpiece, nodding at the reply he received.

"That's not good enough. See what you can do, we need somewhat of a plan before we get there," he told, going to Natasha who was steering the plane.

"I'm sorry, is there a speed restriction on this thing, or do you just want to admire the view?" he asked annoyedly.

"Siberia is at least ten hours away, even in this, and you know the restrictions, you probably helped build the stupid thing," Nat stated even more annoyed, making Tony scoff before sitting down next to her.

Steve turned his attention from the pair in front and to Bucky, who was sitting besides him. He had his elbows on his knees and were leaning forward, his hands picking anxiously at each other.

"You okay?" he asked quietly. Bucky shrugged, but didn't reply.

"She's okay," he then said in an attempt to comfort his friend.

"I know. She has to be," Bucky agreed stiffly, leaning back against the side of the quinjet. Steve eyed him curiously before looking ahead.

"When did you become so attached to her?" he then asked, looking back at his friend.

"I'm not," Bucky stated quickly.

"Bucky... With all due respect, you look like a nightmare. I haven't seen you look like this since you got back from HYDRA," Steve pointed out, his friend blatantly ignoring him.

"If you ever need to talk-"

"I don't," Bucky interrupted, looking down; "I just need to find her, Steve."

"I know. We'll find her, Buck," Steve assured, taking a deep breath.

She'd been walking for what felt like hours. Surviving in a deep forest wasn't something she had prepared much for, and she couldn't help but wishing she'd spent just a bit more time on preparing for stuff like this and a little less time preparing for that test on inbound marketing. It was hard to see for the treetops, but the sun had to have moved, because the light seemed different. A headache had taken up a seemingly permanent place in her brain, only worsening as time passed. Luckily, it served some sort of purpose, as she'd slipped a bit earlier and the wound in her stomach, however nice Loki had made it look, reopened. Blood was still slowly dripping from it, only stopped by her hand pressed against it.

"We'll be there in just over two hours," Natasha told the rest over her shoulder, keeping her focus on steering the big machine.

"We need an actual plan," Steve told; "We don't know what we're walking into."

"Nothing, according to Bruce," Tony said, rubbing his eyes with his hand; "The ship, whatever it was, it left quickly and hasn't been spotted since. All we have is about thirty minutes of it's location almost ten hours ago."

"But it appeared, and there has to be a reason for that," Steve insisted.

"Could be a set-up," Natasha pointed out; "He could be waiting for us."

"No matter what, there's bound to be some kind of clues left behind. This is the first thing we've gotten in over a week, so let's use it," Steve said in an encouraging voice, clearly attempting to lift the low spirits.

Lana's leg started aching, hurting even worse than before, and in a sense of defeat she let herself fall to the forest floor. Earlier, the light had changed. Now, it had disappeared. Her dry mouth had spread to her throat and even eyes, keeping them open hurting like a hairdryer was pointed directly at them while toothpicks kept her from closing them. The hunger, however, seemed to have somewhat subsided. She desperately tried to remember whatever she might need to know in this situation. What do you do when your body hurts so much? Isn't there something that can relieve the pain? 

In a sudden moment, she remembered the ring, holding her hand up to look at it. There wasn't much magic left in it, that much Loki had said. It was dark, and not the kind of dark she'd met in New York or England, not even the kind she'd met in the kid-friendly forests she'd been in. With no hint of light coming from anywhere, even the stars are hidden by tree crowns and thick branches, she, maybe for the first time ever, experienced true darkness to a degree previously unmatched to her. 

The ring seemed to have some sort of glow about it, and Lana closed her eyes to think. She wouldn't be able to go far in this darkness, so wouldn't she be better off saving the ring to the next day? If she let herself fall asleep, as her body so craved to do, she'd wake when the light came, hopefully, more rested, and with the healing from Loki's ring, she'd be able to continue. Lana yawned and lied herself down, removing the uncomfortable branches under her before taking a deep breath. 

She'd be okay. She had to be.

"We'll go together in one group. Agent Romanoff will keep the quinjet ready if we need to make a getaway," Steve ordered, looking at his team members; "Banner can't see anything suspicious, but it's likely that we saw what we did for some reason, so do not, I repeat, do not let your guard down."

"We should have brought more agents," Tony stated flatly; "We have no idea what we're walking into.

"We don't need more agents. We'll fight whoever it is and win, then we'll get her home," Bucky stated, zipping the jacket of his uniform.

"You're awfully cocky for someone who had no part of finding her," Tony pointed out.

"And you're awfully dick-like for someone who had no part in her life," Bucky retorted quickly, pulling slightly on the sleeve of the jacket.

"Hey, Winter Soldier, I'm her dad, back off," Tony warned

"Guys," Steve tried interrupting, sighing deeply.

"Really? Since when?" Bucky asked, smiling emotionlessly. Tony's helmet closed in front of his face and he took a step closer to Bucky.

"Since forever, unlike your friendship, which started, like, two days ago. Or should I say enemieship?"

"You should never say that," Natasha mumbled from the front of the plane, raising her eyebrows at the word.

"Guys, it's go time," Steve informed after hearing Bruce's command.

"Great. Bucky will go first," Tony offered, shoving Bucky out the back of the plane without further concern.

"Tony!" Steve scolded, but Tony only shrugged before jumping out. Steve looked at Natasha.

"Don't crash the plane," he ordered.

"Mkay. Don't die," she replied, smiling slightly before Steve turned around.

"Also," she added uncertainly, Steve looking over his shoulder; "Please bring them back."

He almost broke at the tone in her voice, the soft tremble he never thought he'd hear from someone like her.

"I'll do my best, ma'am," he promised before jumping into the dark.