I would've hit on you if I knew you were playing favourites

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Tony asked carefully as he entered. Lana had been treated for the wound on her forehead, the wound on her cheek and the stab wound, which apparently had been more serious than she'd realised.

"I'm alright. Where's Bucky?" she asked.

"Talking to Fury. What did the good doctor say?" he asked concerned, sitting down on the chair next to the bed.

"Eh, something about malnourishment and dehydration, I have to stay here for a few days. I didn't really listen," Lana admitted with a shrug.

"No, why would you? It's not like it's important," Tony chastised.

"Dad, please," Lana muttered.

"You were in danger, Lana," he told her. She looked at him.

"I'm okay, Dad," she told softly.

"But you could have not been," he reminded her; "I'm going to get the hospital to arrange for a medical helicopter. You're going back to England."

"What?" Lana hissed, sitting up.

"It's too dangerous for you here!" Tony claimed loudly.

"What the hell do you want me to do in England?!" she cried.

"I don't know, drink tea, eat scones, whatever you did before you came here," Tony told with a shrug.

"God, you're a dick," she told flatly, leaning back against the tower of pillows behind her.

"I'm protecting you. I'm being a dad," Tony argued.

"Yeah, well stop it! I don't need you to be my dad anymore!" Lana yelled.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I needed a dad, but that's years ago! I managed alright on my own so far, didn't I?" she argued loudly, almost laughing at her dad's behaviour.

"I don't know, what would you say? You're lying in a hospital bed!" Tony retorted, gesturing around them as to remind her where she was.

"Are you saying that this is my fault?" she asked, scoffing.

"No, I'm saying it's my fault, that's why you're leaving," he tried explaining it.

"I'm not going anywhere, Tony," she told him loudly

"Lana-" he yelled.

"You can't force me!"

"I can and I will!" he threatened loudly.

"Oh yeah? What you gonna do, big guy?" Lana asked, laughing angrily. Tony looked around them before looking at her.

"How are you planning on paying for this?" he then asked.

"What?"

"I mean, you must have one hell of an insurance to be able to pay for this with no job," he continued loudly.

"What are you talking about?!"

"I'm saying that I'm not paying, sweetheart," he yelled angrily; "I'll pay for any treatment at any hospital in England, but as long as you're here, you're not getting a cent. Good luck not drowning in debt."

"Are you serious right now? You wouldn't think twice before spending that kind of money on a suit, but to keep your daughter safe?"

"What the hell do you think I'm trying to do?!" he yelled, but before he could continue, a nurse appeared in the doorway

"You need to calm it down in here! You are disturbing the other patients!" he said strictly, looking at the two.

"It's fine, he was just leaving," Lana decided, leaning back.