Okay, so he's playing trading cards with some rocks

Lana had left the brothers alone to converse and went to explore the apartment, searching for some sort of first aid kit. She didn't expect Loki to have such a thing, but she also did not expect Loki to have a regular apartment, furnished with everything you'd expect and littered with human artefacts such as pictures of people she in no way recognised, books about teaching and especially tampons, as she had discovered in the bathroom. Luckily, there had also been a first aid kit, and she ventured back, making her way through the small apartment to the living room.

"You could have told me," Thor insisted persistently, standing in front of a defeated Loki, who remained quiet.

"I could have assisted you, protected you," Thor continued; "You are my little brother, there is none I would not have done to protect you!"

"I think the sentiment is returned," Lana commented softly from the doorway, shifting the weight to her other foot; "That is why you didn't tell him, right?"

Loki looked away from the two, scoffing before looking at Thor.

"Thanos is dangerous. I did not wish you involved with him," he admitted.

"If he is dangerous, that is all the more reason to have told me!" Thor argued loudly.

"Thor," Lana spoke softly; "He was just trying to protect you, and you know now, alright?"

She entered the room fully, sitting back down on the coffee table in front of Loki, zipping up the kit she'd found.

"Come closer," she ordered, pulling apart a small plastic bag in which there was a cleaning wipe for wounds. Loki sighed but obeyed, leaning forward to allow her access to the rift on his forehead. She carefully placed the wipe against the wound, gently making sure it wouldn't become inflamed.

"Who is this Thanos then?" Thor asked as Lana pulled away, rummaging through the kit until she found a plaster fitting in size.

"Thanos is... He is one of the Mutant Eternals," Loki began explaining, allowing Lana to place the plaster on his forehead.

"I see. They are strong, certainly, but nothing we cannot handle," Thor mused. Lana pushed the kit aside, allowing herself to stand up, hugging herself.

"He is more than just so. He has spent thousands of years enhancing himself with technology," Loki continued grimly.

"Okay. I know not much of such, but Lana's father does. He will assist us if it means earth being left alone, surely," Thor stated. Lana furrowed her eyebrows, considering Thor's words.

"Thor, he has mastered several forms of magic. Dark magic," Loki told. Thor froze.

"Well... You are strong, too, we-"

"Not as strong as him. I know you must think little of me, but I have yet to align myself with dark forces. I am no match to someone who has spent thousands of years studying them," he admitted, leaning back in the armchair.

"What does he want?" Lana asked; "What is he getting out of this?"

"He wants the stones. He wants the infinity stones," Loki admitted tiredly.

"He cannot have them," Thor decided immediately; "He shall have to go through me first."

"Thor, you big oaf, that is exactly what I have been trying to avoid," Loki reminded him with a groan.

"So the tesseract, right? You said that was an infinity stone, didn't you?" Lana asked Thor, who nodded. She turned to Loki; "That's why you lost it?".

"I thought perhaps it could buy me a few moments to gather my thoughts and consider my options. Thanos did not approve of me losing it, but I assured him I would reclaim it and pass it to him, so he refrained from killing me," Loki explained.