/ Seventeen | Image \

||Mount Justice
||November 22, 22:20 EDT

Walking into the kitchen, I found Wally who was making a giant sandwich that reminded me of Scooby-Doo for some reason. I grabbed a drink from the fridge, finding Wally staring at me as I went to leave. The look in his eyes told me he knew something I didn't, and I was doing my best not to let it get on my nerves.

"What?"

A little laugh left his mouth. "Nothing."

"How are you supposed to eat all that?" I ask, changing the subject before I got mad.

"Don't underestimate me and food."

I chuckled, shaking my head as I walked past him towards the living room. "Whatever."

"Wait. I got you this," he stopped me, tossing a small box in my direction. "Birthday present."

I caught the gift, inspecting it curiously. "You didn't need to get me anything, my birthday was a while ago."

"I know, I just thought after everything you went through I should do something nice," he shrugs while stuffing his mouth.

I quickly unwrapped the gift, taking the lid off the box to find a beautiful necklace. It was a black ring with a ruby hanging on a silver chain. I put the box down on the island, walking towards him. He was no longer eating, watching my reaction to the gift.

"Thank you," I told him, my arms wrapping around his neck.

He was shocked, but hugged back nonetheless. I seemed to forget what was going on, just standing in his arms, my mind blank for a moment. He wasn't complaining either, just silently holding me.

Eventually I realized I was still hugging him and awkwardly stepped away, clearing my throat. "Thanks, again," I told him, averting my eyes to my new necklace.

"Hey, have you talked to Batman about that thing?" He asks, going back to his sandwich.

"No. Not yet. I just want to have everything pieced together before I bring it up. If I tried explaining it now, it'd just sound like a big mess."

"But-"

"Don't worry. If need be I'll go straight to him. But, for the meantime, I'm okay," I assured him with a small smile.

"Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian, Noire, report for mission briefing," Batman said over the PA.

Batman was waiting for us in the mission room, everyone else already gathered around as Wally and I made our way in. Once everyone was there, Batman started with the briefing.

"Rumaan Harjavti is the democratically elected president of Qurac. Harjavti has been praised as a fair, wise leader. A humanitarian," on the screen behind him was a past news feed of Rumaan and Bruce Wayne shaking hands.

"Sure, any friend of Bruce Wayne's," Wally mumbled to Robin.

"But five days ago, Harjavti allied himself with the dictator of the neighbouring nation of Bialya, Queen Bee."

Conner scoffed. "Not a fan."

"Few are. But Harjavti suddenly backs Queen Bee's baseless claim that Qurac and Bialya were one in ancient times. And has announced the countries will reunify in two days at a ceremony in Qurac."