/ Seven | Schooled \

||Mount Justice
||August 03, 13:06 EDT

"Hmm... oh, I know! I'll name you Natasha. How do you like that?"

"After the Avenger?"

"Yeah. Do you not like it?"

"It's an honour to be named after someone as skilled as the assassin herself."

I chuckled. "Great, we're in agreement then."

I went silent before wandering into the mission room. The floor had lit up, Black Canary standing in the centre of it. Martian Manhunter was there too, standing next to the team, minus Superboy who was on the opposite side of the circle on his own.

"I consider it an honour to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you. Everything I've learned from my own mentors," Black Canary winced as she pulled off her jacket, revealing a bandage on her arm. "And my own bruises."

"What happened?" Megan asks worriedly.

"The job. Now, combat is about controlling conflict, putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner."

"Right here. Yeah!" Wally says, raising his hand. He ate the rest of the banana he was eating then tossed the peel into the garbage. "After this, I'll show you my moves."

Black Canary raised an eyebrow and smirked, punching him then swinging a leg under his feet. He fell to the ground, a screen saying 'Kid Flash status: FAIL' next to him.

"Ohh. Hurts so good," he groaned.

"Good block. But did anyone see what he did wrong?"

"Ooh, ooh. He hit on teacher and got served?" Robin suggests quickly.

I snickered at Robin's answer.

"Dude!" Wally hissed.

Black Canary shook her head. "He allowed me to dictate the terms of-"

"Oh, please. With my powers, the battle's always on my terms," Superboy interrupts. "I'm a living weapon, and this is a waste of my time."

Black Canary smirked over at Superboy. "Prove it."

He went up to her and they both got in fighting stances, Wally backing up to get out of the way. Black Canary easily flung Superboy to the side, making Robin laugh at how easily he had been taken out. But Superboy got up again, very angry.

"You're angry, good. But don't react. Channel that anger into-"

She flipped over him when he ran at her, sweeping a leg under his. He fell, landing hard on his back. I winced at the sound that echoed around the mission room.

"That's it. I'm done," he said angrily, standing up.

"Training is mandatory. Noire?" Black Canary asks, her eyes going to me.

I shrugged. "Sure, let's go."

Superboy grumpily went to the side, glaring at nothing. Black Canary was the first to attack. She tried punching me, sweeping my feet out from under me, but I kept dodging all of her attacks. All except one. She managed to get behind me, kicking me down to the ground.

"Good job, you held your own fairly well," she told me as she helped me up. "But there is always room to grow as a fighter."

"Batman to the Cave," Batman said, his face appearing on a big screen that showed up out of nowhere. We all gathered in front of it. "Five hours ago, a new menace attacked Green Arrow and Black Canary. The attacker was capable of studying, then duplicating the powers and abilities of its opponents. Arrow called in reinforcements, which nearly proved disastrous as our enemy gained more and more power with each new combatant."