/ Sixteen | Coldhearted \

||Mount Justice
||November 11, 16:20 EST

"Ugh, seriously, why'd I even come?" I grumbled, brushing some of the snow off of my jacket.

"Cause it's my birthday?" A voice spoke.

My head snapped up, the hood falling from my head. I wasn't expecting to see Wally standing alone by the entrance as I walked inside. On top of that, he had a frown on his face, his arms crossed in front of himself as he leaned back against the wall, the cast no longer on his arm. It was hard to take his bad temper seriously with the party hat sitting crookedly on his head.

"Why do you look so grumpy? Oh, did you finally figure out Megan and Conner are dating?" I question.

"Seriously?! Everyone knew but me?!"

"You were just too oblivious. Too lost in your little dream world with your crush. I'd say it's not your fault for not noticing, but it kinda is. By the way, what's the birthday boy doing all the way out here?"

"I dunno. I just thought I'd come wait for you."

I took off my jacket, pulling out a gift from the pocket before hanging it over my arm. "Jeez, lighten up, Freckles. You were that bummed out that you'd rather wait for me to get here than enjoy your party?"

"Freckles?" He chuckled, walking towards me, taking my jacket in his hand. "That's a new one."

"I figured since it is your birthday I should be less harsh. Take it or leave it."

"It's better than Speedy."

He rushed away without saying anything else, so fast it took me a second to realize he was gone. I awkwardly stood there for a moment, rhythmically tapping my fingers against my leg, a little tickle in my nose making me sneeze.

"Bless you."

When I opened my eyes, sniffling a little, Wally was in front of me once again, without my jacket. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"So, what'd you get me?" He asks, throwing his arm around my shoulders as he started guiding me further into the mountain.

"You really think I got you a present?"

"Hey! It's my birthday, could you be nice to me for one day? And of course I think you got me a present, it's right there in your hand."

I showed him the gift, goggles wrapped up in a napkin since I didn't have anything to properly wrap them in. Letting go of me, he took it from my hand, quickly pulling off the wrapping and letting it drop to the ground.

"Whoa. These are amazing! Where'd you get them?"

"Well, truth be told, I made them."

He had a genuine smile on his face, one other than the flirty one normally seen. "Seriously?"

"They're not just plain goggles either. It has built in communications and other stuff."

"Whoa! And you did all that?"

"With some help from an expert. But, yeah, I came up with the design."

"I didn't take you for someone interested in that sort of stuff."

"You don't know who I am. I have a whole secret life, remember?"

As we were walking into the living room where everyone had gathered for the party, he quickly pulled me into a hug. Then, without another word, he let me go and ran off towards the snack table, replacing the party hat on his head with the goggles I made. I was left frozen on the spot, hoping my face wasn't as red as it felt.